Author Topic: Is buying Ischia starter really necessary?  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Wazza McG

• Aussie Aussie Aussie .... Oi Oi Oi !!
Re: Is buying Ischia starter really necessary?
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2014, 01:10:07 AM »
Come on mate - come back - You're an aussie now and Kangaroo's can't go backwards.. only forward, and I still have heaps of questions you could help with - like understading enzymes better.
Cheers
Wazza McG
Fair Dinkum - you want more Pizza!  Crikey ! I've run out out them prawny thingymebobs again!

Offline nickr

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2014, 11:12:45 AM »
This was not at all what I intended with my question. Please note that the original post was older then some of the more recent conversations on the subject. I was not trying to stir up a pot of hostility.

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2014, 05:39:29 PM »
It is unfortunate when members “get sideways” with each other in the interest of good pizza making.  It happens on all forums and sometimes we lose good contributors.  I hope this doesn’t happen here and I sincerely hope that cooler minds will prevail.

It is the nature of discussion forums.  The trouble is that readers often learn best when both sides of an argument are presented, I know that I do.  Differing perspectives are one of the things that make forums such a great learning opportunity.  I really like that contributors are judged by their words (and pie pictures) and not by age/job title/looks, etc.  Still, confrontational discussion can be a slippery slope which devolves into alienating one or both parties.  We need a safe word.  Until we have that, I would also like thank Steve for “turning down the heat” – and – equally thanks to Peter for his appeal for better understanding.  Both posts took courage, IMO.

Most of the technical discussion was over my head but maybe someday I’ll catch up.  In the meantime, I greatly appreciate Craig’s contributions and have learned a lot reading his many posts.  I don’t remember reading many of Ian’s comments, but I respect his sincere intent.
Dave

Offline Totti

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
Firstly, apologies for the mega bump.

Secondly, this has to be one of those entertaining forum flame wars I have read. Not least because 99% of others don't actually understand what is going on.

Thirdly, I am too genuinely intrigued as to if I still have Ischia, or have I cultivated my own strain of something.

My Ischia doesn't seem to behave like many peoples here. It takes longer to rise, and non-feeding of 48 hours is enough to kill it.