Author Topic: Dinner and a show... Blackstone warning  (Read 595 times)

Offline Qarl

• I love to cook! and eat!
    • Black Pug Brewing
Dinner and a show... Blackstone warning
« on: October 26, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »
So I made 5 pizzas tonight for my wife and I and our cousins.   Had a great time.

As we're having desserts by cousin's husband leans over and asks what's wrong with my hair.    He looks closely and informs me that I singed all the hair off the front of my head.

Apparently I was leaning in too close to the blackstone and either just the heat, or some flames jumped out... but all the hair on the front is singed and curled up.

My wife said that she noticed during dinner, but thought it was bench flour in my hair.  LOL

Luckily there weren't huge flames.  It would be funny if I walked in with hot pizza on the peel and my head was aflame!  LOL

That would have been dinner AND a show!

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
Re: Dinner and a show... Blackstone warning
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:00:27 AM »
Funny story Qarl.  I could see that scene in a movie.

I'm a little surprised that you didn't feel the extreme heat on your face before the hair singed, but I guess it is all in the lean.  Maybe Melissa Myers was wrong, people shouldn't "lean in" - especially women with long hair.  (Bad joke?  ::))

I get that this could be an issue, but we'll have to see if others experience it as well.  From the first day that I fired up the BS, I've never been tempted to get close - but if you didn't notice, maybe I wouldn't either.

Thanks for sharing

Dave

Offline TXCraig1

Pizza is not bread.

Offline Qarl

• I love to cook! and eat!
    • Black Pug Brewing
Re: Dinner and a show... Blackstone warning
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
Yep, Craig... that's exactly what happened.  It didn't all burn off, just the ends curled up on the front. 

SEE, I'm not the only pizza dork out there!

pizzapan