Author Topic: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders "Mediterranean Bread"  (Read 4301 times)

Offline logank

Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders "Mediterranean Bread"
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »
Hey folks.  I'm more or less a pizza and bread-making novice, but I'm always experimenting and trying to improve.  I am posting with hopes that someone can point me in the right direction for a recipe like the "Mediterranean Bread" at Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders (this is why I'm posting in the Chicago Style section).  For those who haven't had the pleasure, it's a broad, flat (1/4 inch or so), VERY soft disc of bread with oil, herbs, parmesan, salt, etc.  The topping mixture I can fake, but I don't know how to make such a thin, soft bread.  I imagine it might be a little like making a really huge piece of naan, where you blast it with high heat for a very short time, but again, I'm pretty clueless here.  any ideas?

Offline jcarrion1976

Re: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders "Mediterranean Bread"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:05:21 AM »
I've been to that place a couple of times and absolutely fell in love with that bread.  :chef:

You said you figured out the seasonings on top? While I don't know the bread recipe I bet they would tast awesome on garlic bread as well.

Jason

Offline april4023

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:34:44 AM »
Hi,

I just joined this forum yesterday looking for the same thing you were searching for - an attempt to recreate Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders Mediterranean Pizza! Did you ever get any answers? Have you had any success in trying to make it? I've tried a few doughs on my own but  they are either too much like a focaccia or thin crust pizza. I know it's been years since you've posted, but I thought I'd start with you first! Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »
I know it's been years since you've posted, but I thought I'd start with you first! Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer. It's been 5 years since he last visited the site. If you click on a member's name, you can see when they were last active.

If nobody has any specific answers, next time you are there, if you take some good quality pictures - top, bottom, cross-section - and post them here. Maybe someone can help point you in a direction to start experimenting.
Pizza is not bread.