Author Topic: Blackstone paint job options  (Read 602 times)

Offline Pook

• Brandon
Blackstone paint job options
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:10:52 AM »
Replacement base unit came with a nice scratch down the front of the SS, and a nice scuff on the logo.  Scratches came on both sides of the dome.  I'm good as long as it works at this point.  :-\

Thought about giving it a new look over the winter.  High temp VHT flameproof spray paint comes to mind.  They recommend curing at different temps, low med high type of thing.  What do you think?  I could cure with adjusting the regulator on the BS.

Any other reasonably priced products come to mind with high temp ratings?  Some of the header/engine block spray paints only rate up to 500-600. 

I could paint the legs and tables with Rustoleum Grill Spray Paint(high temp), and the base unit flame red with the VHT.
Total cost would only be around $25.

Thanks
"And let us not grow weary in doing good: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."  Galations 6:9

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
Re: Blackstone paint job options
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »
Your thinking is likely advanced beyond my pay grade.  However, I've got some touchup work to do, and was just going to re-use the can of flat-black grill paint from my old setup.  For scratches, I'll use a little brush and spray into the cap to dab on.  For bigger issues - spray away.
Dave

Offline Pook

• Brandon
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 05:30:33 PM »
Would classify my thinking as entry level.  :-[
Thanks for the advice Tampa.
Might stay with the black high temp grill paint to be on the safe side. 
The 3 temp cure times is a concern.
"And let us not grow weary in doing good: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."  Galations 6:9

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »
I've used the Rustoleum grill paint on the outside of bbq pits and fire pits that have wood fires within inches of the metal. Seems to work just fine - also comes in different colors. They also have a 2000F product that requires curing.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:01:14 PM by TXCraig1 »
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Pook

• Brandon
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »
I've used the Rustoleum grill paint on the outside of bbq pits and fire pits that have wood fires within inches of the metal. Seems to work just fine - also comes in different colors. They also have a 2000F product that requires curing.

Thanks Craig, will look into the Rustoloeum grill paint color options.  If I do it, would prefer a color that is not black.  ;)
A little leery about multiple curing temps by heating up the BS ???

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »
FLAMES!!!   ;D