Author Topic: Pizzacraft portable outdoor oven Pizzeria Pronto- Sur La Table  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizzacraft portable outdoor oven Pizzeria Pronto- Sur La Table
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »
I grabbed this off the Pizzeria Pronto assembly video of the two baking stones.
Thanks Davydd.  Makes perfect sense as a flame buffer for more even heating.  Some of the Little Black Egg innovators did a similar thing.
Dave

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »
 Thanks to Scott123's recommendation, most Blackstone Oven owners utilize a "1/4" air gap" below their bottom stone. And it works like a charm. Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline ipatricktrevino

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 03:36:18 AM »
I bought one of these from Amazon, based on a few reviews I've read on there about heat loss on the top side,  I am already thinking of some minor modification.  Maybe some aluminum foil on the underside of the dome or something else that'll reflect heat to the top of the pie. 

For people who've done similar mods on similar domes, how do you get the aluminum to 'stick' up there, without having to wrap the entire dome up in foil I mean. 

I can't wait til it gets here, I'll do some runs on it as is.  Maybe no tinkering will be necessary, that'll be bitter-sweet haha.

Offline tedcholl

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 08:42:32 PM »
I've had my Pizzeria Pronto for several months and have been very happy with the pizzas I have been able to make.  It has a small footprint and would be great for camping or tailgating although I have not used it that way.    Due to the opening  that side of the pizza does not cook as much so I turn in 180 degrees half way through the cooking.   I think the idea of putting aluminum on the inside of the top sounds intriguing as the crust tends to cook sooner than the toppings.  What I have done is I leave the pizza on an aluminum peel for about 3 minutes or so in the oven so that the toppings get a head start on the crust.  Doing this helps the toppings get more cooked and it also helps the crust to start firming up which makes it easier to get the pizza off the peel - I also use alot of cornmeal to facilitate getting the pizza to slide off as the small opening makes it a little tricky to get the pizza off.  When using cornmeal and cooking multiple pizzas it is important to not have much time between taking one pizza out and putting the next one in or the cornmeal will start to burn.

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 07:48:46 AM »
I've had my Pizzeria Pronto for several months and have been very happy with the pizzas I have been able to make.  It has a small footprint and would be great for camping or tailgating although I have not used it that way.    Due to the opening  that side of the pizza does not cook as much so I turn in 180 degrees half way through the cooking.   
I'm a fan of this little Pronto as well.  As luck would have it, the Product Manager was at the International Pizza Expo in Vegas a few months ago and we spent some time talking as he made a pie for me on this little oven.  The oven did a nice job, especially given the size and the frugal use of propane.  To be honest, the pizza didn't have the char points that Neo lovers seek, but otherwise, the crust was evenly golden brown and the top cheese was nicely cooked without charring.

Dave

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 12:11:27 AM »
I just found an ad for these at Canadian Tire and they are on sale for $199.99. I might get one instead of a Blackstone because there's no place I've found in Canada that sells the Blackstone for less than $800 plus taxes and shipping. I've really got my heart set on a BS because of all the positive reviews on this forum but I'm not going to spend $900 for one. $200 is lot less and if it does a good job, why not.

I'm a fan of this little Pronto as well.  As luck would have it, the Product Manager was at the International Pizza Expo in Vegas a few months ago and we spent some time talking as he made a pie for me on this little oven.  The oven did a nice job, especially given the size and the frugal use of propane.  To be honest, the pizza didn't have the char points that Neo lovers seek, but otherwise, the crust was evenly golden brown and the top cheese was nicely cooked without charring.

Dave

Dave do you have one of these or is your experience just the one time at the Expo?

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
I just found an ad for these at Canadian Tire and they are on sale for $199.99. I might get one instead of a Blackstone because there's no place I've found in Canada that sells the Blackstone for less than $800 plus taxes and shipping. I've really got my heart set on a BS because of all the positive reviews on this forum but I'm not going to spend $900 for one. $200 is lot less and if it does a good job, why not.

Dave do you have one of these or is your experience just the one time at the Expo?
Hi Hillbilly,
I don't own one, just spent time with it at the Expo.  IMO, the Pronto and BS serve different markets and sell at different price points.  Pronto does well for one or two pies, non-neo, low fuel use, outdoor tabletop/camping/tailgater type environment.  I thought the bake was remarkably even given the non-rotating platter.  Golden-brown crust is easily achieved.

Dave

Offline SF City Gal

• Supporting Member
  • There's little better than a great pizza!
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 10:32:21 PM »
Those of you who have a Pizzeria Pronto or are considering it may be interested to know they plan on releasing extra long legs as an option in July (as currently planned).  The company told me that they plan on charging $49.99 for it. It may be an option that appeals to you.

FWIW, One of the reasons I didn't buy the PP oven was that these legs bring the price up to about $350, and that is what I paid for the Groupon offer for the Blackstone, which can also handle other foods and has a motor.  I don't have table space in my garden and wanted a taller oven so my creaky middle aged knees didn't have to squat down to get pizzas in and out of an oven.

Offline Davydd

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »
The deciding factor for me is whether I plan to take one along vs. A Blackstone in our newly ordered RV which will accommodate a Pizzeria Pronto.

Are there any differences in the identical looking Pizzaque and the Pizzeria Pronto?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:19:46 AM by Davydd »
Davydd

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »
The deciding factor for me is whether I plan to take one along vs. A Blackstone in our newly ordered RV which will accommodate a Pizzeria Pronto.

Are there any differences in the identical looking Pizzaque and the Pizzeria Pronto?

I picked up one of the PizzaQue's a couple of days ago and I can't see any difference between it and the PP.

So far I've only made 2 pies in the PQ and it looks very promising. I didn't preheat enough on this first one and got an undercooked bottom crust. The second one I preheated on high for about 15 minutes and cooked on high for about 5 minutes, rotating a couple of times and the crust turned out great. Both the top and bottom were crusty and nicely balanced. The spring was good too. After a few more pies I will know if this is it for me or if I will still go for a BS down the road.

Oh, congratulations on the new RV. 

John

Offline ipatricktrevino

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 03:22:42 PM »
Finally got to play with my pizzacraft outside.  It was a pretty windy day I don't think the temperature broke 800 degrees and thats according to the built in pizzacraft thermometer.  I'm still very pleased with the oven.

In the attached pic you'll see about as brown as I like my cheese and toppings to be.  Any more well done I think the cheese loses elasticity.  I use a pizza screen making it A LOT easier to insert and remove the pizza from the small opening.  While the pizza technically doesn't have direct contact with the stone, its very close.  Without the screen I fear a disaster when trying to turn the pizza which is necessary as the rear gets very much hotter than the front.   

Next I'm going to experiment with using just one stone instead of two, I figure less heat will be lost inbetween, and it will cook in less than 2 minutes.  This will require a few turns to keep it even but like I said turning the pizza is very easy now that Im using a pizza screen.   

I had another idea for people who like a very well done top, there is a metal reflector screwed into the top of the dome, the screws are very short, if you replace them with longer screws the reflector would dangle lower to the top of the pizza and kind of sandwich in more heat I believe. 

Offline stl-rich

• I Love Pizza!

Offline ipatricktrevino

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:08 PM »
Today I tested out using only 1 stone instead of 2 and results were pretty bad.  I did this more or less just to see what would happen and how FAST I could cook a pizza.  Even though I turned the pizza a couple times, the bottom was very uneven.  You'll see the lightest and darkest piece from the same small thin pizza below.  Built in thermometer was at about 850.  Cook time was less than 4 minutes.

I'm going to stick with using both stones, having to constantly turn the pizza to keep it cooked evenly doesn't justify the slightly shorter cook time for me. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:46:18 PM by ipatricktrevino »

pizzapan