Author Topic: Galleria Umberto Rosticceria - North End, Boston, MA  (Read 717 times)

Offline misterschu

Galleria Umberto Rosticceria - North End, Boston, MA
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:46:28 AM »
Working from Boston on Friday I decided to make lunch plans with a friend here.  The pizza was really great.  Simple but delicious sicilian pies, no toppings.  I ordered two slices and an arancini.  The menu also lists panini, four types of calzone, pizzette (looked like a roll with sauce and slice of cheese on top) and panzarotti (looked like an oblong arancini).

Tender, pillowy dough, flavorful cheese, and bright, slightly sweet, well-balanced sauce.   The arancini was very good, too, but not on the level of the pizza.  The cheese was definitely more than just mozzarella, and a post here (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,26328.0.html) suggests it's blend of 50% white cheddar, 25% mozz, 25% provolone.  Seems like that could be true.  The cheese was golden, brown, delicious.   Nice mix of brown spots and well-melted.  The crust was really stand out.  Super light and airy, yeasty flavor.  My first thought was that the dough must have milk or butter in it.  Nice browning around the edges and nice streaks of GBD on the bottom of the pie.

Next time I make a pan pie at home I'm going to try to mimic the Galleria Umberto crust.  It was really amazing.

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Galleria Umberto Rosticceria - North End, Boston, MA
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:22:37 PM »
been going since i was a kid, sooo good  :drool: