Author Topic: Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven  (Read 675 times)

Offline mayersob

Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:40:46 AM »
I watched YouTube videos illustrating this new oven. It looked very impressive in the video. I went to Sur La Table to look at it in person. The stone is 14" but the opening can only fit a 12 in peel. I want to know if anyone here has tried it and what is your review. I use a 16" stone on the bottom rack of a 550 F oven. King Arthur bread flour 445gr water 10oz. IDY 1.5gr
sea salt 1.5 tsp. 2 min. mix 10 min. rest 9 min. mix with a Bosch Mixer. I get 2 12oz. dough balls oiled & stored in fridge 1 to 3 days. Pizza  I use Escalon 6in1 right from the can , sprinkle w/dried oregano , basil & sea salt. Bella Gioso sliced Mozzarella from Costco. and BoarsHead Pepperoni. 9 min . Beautiful, delicious Pizza.  I put leftover slices on small paper plates , cover them with foil, freeze them. I reheat them as needed in a toaster oven with a small pizza stone at 500F for 9 min without preheating, and they come out really delicious.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline elvindeath

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »
I got one of these for my birthday in October of this year.  It's been ridiculously cold since I got it, but I've used it 3 times with fantastic results all 3 times.  Much better than my old methods in the oven.  The temp has been topping out at about 650 when I used it at night (outdoor temp around 35 degrees), but the final results have been flawless every time - just takes an extra minute to get the desired charring on the crust.

This unit is a no brainer for those like me who just can't bring themselves to invest the $$$$ in building an outdoor oven that would only be used 40 % of the year, or who want a portable oven to take tailgating or to take on the road to have pizza night at family or friends.  Really, really enjoy it.

pizzapan