Author Topic: Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven  (Read 1341 times)

Offline mayersob

Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:40:46 AM »
I watched YouTube videos illustrating this new oven. It looked very impressive in the video. I went to Sur La Table to look at it in person. The stone is 14" but the opening can only fit a 12 in peel. I want to know if anyone here has tried it and what is your review. I use a 16" stone on the bottom rack of a 550 F oven. King Arthur bread flour 445gr water 10oz. IDY 1.5gr
sea salt 1.5 tsp. 2 min. mix 10 min. rest 9 min. mix with a Bosch Mixer. I get 2 12oz. dough balls oiled & stored in fridge 1 to 3 days. Pizza  I use Escalon 6in1 right from the can , sprinkle w/dried oregano , basil & sea salt. Bella Gioso sliced Mozzarella from Costco. and BoarsHead Pepperoni. 9 min . Beautiful, delicious Pizza.  I put leftover slices on small paper plates , cover them with foil, freeze them. I reheat them as needed in a toaster oven with a small pizza stone at 500F for 9 min without preheating, and they come out really delicious.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »
Pizza is not bread.

Offline elvindeath

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »
I got one of these for my birthday in October of this year.  It's been ridiculously cold since I got it, but I've used it 3 times with fantastic results all 3 times.  Much better than my old methods in the oven.  The temp has been topping out at about 650 when I used it at night (outdoor temp around 35 degrees), but the final results have been flawless every time - just takes an extra minute to get the desired charring on the crust.

This unit is a no brainer for those like me who just can't bring themselves to invest the $$$$ in building an outdoor oven that would only be used 40 % of the year, or who want a portable oven to take tailgating or to take on the road to have pizza night at family or friends.  Really, really enjoy it.

Offline tedcholl

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »
I have one and really like it and love the way it  cooks the pizza.   It is very compact and easy to use and easy to clean by lifting off the top.  It has 2 stones on top of a propane burner.   It heats to up to 700F.  3 minor complaints.  The opening is fairly small so you need to make sure the dough will easily slide off the peel (lots of corn meal helps).   I have to pull out and rotate the pizza half way through the cooking cycle to get both sides evenly cooked as the side toward the opening does not get as hot.  Third, I have started to leave the pizza on an aluminum peel for 3 minutes in the oven before sliding it off - this helps to get the crust set and more easy to slide off and it helps get the toppings a little more cooked so that in the end the crust and toppings are at the same level of being cooked.  Also, if you use corn meal it does tend to start burning if you don't put a second pizza in quickly.

pizzapan