Author Topic: Bouncer High Gluten Flour ?  (Read 3807 times)

Offline ZekeTheCat

• I Love Pizza!
Bouncer High Gluten Flour ?
« on: March 10, 2006, 02:22:21 PM »
Gordon food service (GFS) in the U.S. midwest carries Bay State Milling Co. Bouncer High Gluten flour in 25 lb bags for about $7.50 give or take - anybody ever use this flour for crusts and how did it turn out ?I 'm not sure what the protein content is - it's not marked on the bag.  ?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Bouncer High Gluten Flour ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »
I have not tried the Bouncer flour but I read onetime that the protein content was 14.7%. That sounds high to me so what I would do is call Bay State Milling at 1-800-55-FLOUR and request the information you want or ask to speak with a technical person who may be able to provide the information. I believe that Bay State Milling processes grain for King Arthur, and that the Bouncer flour is considered BSM's answer to the KASL.

Peter

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 07:08:02 PM »
I know a pizzeria here in my area that uses the bouncer and the dough is really good for a NY style.  I think you should have excellent results with this flour.

Offline ZekeTheCat

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 06:04:14 PM »
Well I broke down today and bought a 25 lb bag of Bouncer HG flour for $6.99. The Gordon Food Service spec sheet lists it as 14% protein flour although Bay State Milling emailed me that it is 13.8% - close enough I guess. It's brominated and I'm not sure about what that means but is recommended for thin crust pizza, rolls, breads etc. Hope it works out good.

Offline jpdchef

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 09:14:30 PM »
I'm not sure about bouncer --havent used it.I have used another of this millers products profesionally(Winona) and reccomend it highly

Offline buckeyes

• PIZZA FOR EVERY MEAL
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 07:15:33 PM »
I've also noticed the brand in their store but have not tried it.  Could you let me know how it works out. :chef:

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »
Zeke:

You are so in, bro.  This is great flour.  Don't forget to jump over to the next aisle and pick up the Escalon 6-1.  The Stella cheese is very good along with the pepperoni in the freezer case.  I don't know how many pies you make but the pomace oil is there for painting the skins.  Since you are checking their extensive list, check out the 00 flour.  Move over SEARS...GFS has EVERYTHING!