Author Topic: The Science of Bread and Pizza: From Biochemistry to Baking  (Read 298 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
I just received a message from the author (Christian Thorsten) about his new book:

I'm writing to let you know about a new pizza e-book, "The Science of Bread and Pizza".   

I have a biochemistry background and wanted to write a detailed, science-themed pizza book. Currently it's only available in Amazon Kindle format, but if it proves popular, I may do a print edition.

Sounds like it might be an interesting read... Please post a review if you've read this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Bread-Pizza-Biochemistry-Baking-ebook/dp/B00J1WMU0Q/?tag=pizzamaking-20
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

scott123

Re: The Science of Bread and Pizza: From Biochemistry to Baking
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:13:57 PM »
I took a second and browsed through the preview.  Based on the statement below, I don't think Christian's spent a great deal of time in this forum. Also, chemical leaveners, really?

This all being said, whenever I've done research on enzymes, the information out there tends to be extremely complex and very difficult to extract useful, real world lessons from.  His chapter on enzyme inhibitors has me intrigued.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:47:23 PM by scott123 »