Author Topic: Ah Pizz! Denville NJ  (Read 1558 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Ah Pizz! Denville NJ
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »
Ah Pizz! has done it again ! Another beautiful spot tucked i a newer mall in the Bustling center of Denville. Great atmoshere  a new BIG guy 160 Stefano Ferraro Oven and whala good to go!!
I stopped in as soon as the joint opened and was very pleased . Its on my way to  my day job office (when I go) Lunch special around 3 minute :)   you get a Bambino  Margherita Pie 9-10" , Choice of Salad, and a beverage  for get this $7.99 KILLER deal 
I know these guys from Montclair and Micheal has done a great job of tis build out as well. Stunning Brick work  High ceilings ... what you think of when you think fancyNeo joint well done !! I will post some more pics as I will be there like once a week for my Neapolitan fix !
John
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:00:21 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Ah Pizz! Denville
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
Denville's not too far away  ;D
Mary Ann

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Ah Pizz! Denville NJ
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 10:21:52 PM »
Then you are lucky ! enjoy ! or tell me  when I will meet you there most anytime !
John

Online scott123

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 10:52:54 PM »
I will post some more pics as I will be there like once a week for my Neapolitan fix !

Wait a sec... What about Amano? Is Ah Pizz better than Amano?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:44 AM »
No way Scott!
The  Ah Pizz setting at both locations is very comfortable and quite nice!! As for the Pizza ... although Montclair is VPN certified It would have you in quite a huff for sure!  :-D  And their pizza in my humble opinion is far superior many in the area.
I dont want to get on a Neapolitan rampage as this is just a review of the new Denville Location. The Denville location is closer to "Neapolitan"  but nowhere near the Authenticity of Amano. My heart and toungue will always be with Amano at #1
Its very close to you, give it a shot they are open daily !!
John

Online waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
Man oh man Jersey is converting to WFO pizza.   I never saw a WFO in my days growing up there.  The funky little ma and pa joints I grew up in seem to be dying off and replaced by these upscale WFO places.  I wonder how good the quality is on all these new pizzerias?   Walter
The Smiling With Hope Bakery- A bakery with a purpose
http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20140124/NEWS01/301240031/Bakery-run-by-students-disabilities-earns-pizza-profile

Spontobeat- the spontaneous music concept I have created and how I spontaneously live my life   http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137 200 of my most current songs http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137&content=widgets

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »
Not me Walt :-) Although I respect the tradition and craft of Neapolitan pizza, I love my NY style....which I'm dialing in in my WFO. Don't get me wrong, I would never pass up a slice or 4 from John, Amano or Ah Pizz!
Chaz

Online scott123

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 05:43:46 PM »
The Denville location is closer to "Neapolitan"  but nowhere near the Authenticity of Amano. My heart and toungue will always be with Amano at #1
Its very close to you, give it a shot they are open daily !!

Thanks for the clarification, John. Denville is a lot easier for me to get to than Montclair, especially since I do a lot of grocery shopping in Parsippany.  Thanks for the heads up.

Online scott123

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
...which I'm dialing in in my WFO.

How's it going? Are you ready for taste testers?  >:D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
Unfortunately quality on the new guys are sketchy at best, many newbies tried it in Italy on their vacation and liked it and said I can do this ? or- have a thought that if I sell 100 pizzas a day for... I can make $200K a year . Bottom line is they nothing of Neapolitan Pizza ! Not even what 00 flour is?  I am more concerned that the true Mom and pop Neapolitan joints will soon be outdone by the chipolte style and coperate America. I read somewhere Domino's was getting in the game. and have heard of others from the big burger joint smashburger and chipolte getting involved ( HEAVILY)  with their "woodstone gas ovens" and don't even know what a San Marzano tomatoe  is ?  this concerns me that this style will be as common as the Golden Arches and the Big Mac  sooner than later  :'( 
Have Money - Make Money
maybe this should be another thread because it really pisses me off! my $.02
Sorry for the tangent - Back to AhPizz Just Go its great ! and they know what they are doing  ;)
John

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 07:22:37 PM »
How's it going? Are you ready for taste testers?  >:D

It's going well! I've had 2 parties worth of taste testers which went awesome :-) Now I'm in the midst of packing her up til next year. Although after today's temps I'm rethinking that...lol
Chaz

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:36 PM »
Pack it up ??? Nah Gigs on 11/23, 11/29 and 12/21  for starters and phone is ringing !  ;D
ps Dont do it Its Blood Money !  :-D

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »
No packing up just yet. Possible party on 12/20  :-)
Chaz

Online scott123

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »
Pack it up ??? Nah Gigs on 11/23, 11/29 and 12/21  for starters and phone is ringing !

12/21?!  Were you outside today, John? It's cold!  I'm guessing these are indoor parties where you're making the pizza outdoors, right?  You got a warm jacket?  ;D How about a snow shovel?  :-D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 07:36:23 AM »
Yes Cooking outside !  I will be right inside the doors should it be less than 47.6 degrees. This Is not florida  ;)!! I play Platform Tennis outside all year. I ski/board all winter, and Gotta pay for the new toys  ;) pics to follow Its bigger than a bread box !
J

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 11:11:46 PM »
The only thing I know that's in Denville is a bakery on 1st ave or is it 1st st?
I have rarely been buying pizzas for the past 3-4 years since I have started making my own.
Bought a small pizza 2 days ago from Sals pizza in windgap Pa,Have not bought a pizza from them in a long time and the small pizza cost me $12.50,I was kinda shocked but was hungry...
Glad I am making my own and saving dollars and will setup my BlackStone when the winter is gone...........JT