Author Topic: Added Convection Fan  (Read 513 times)

Offline Dan R Brauchtt

• I Love Pizza!
Added Convection Fan
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »
Hello, I've recently built my first Low Mass Wood Fired PIZZA Oven. It Is fired with Rocket Stove technology. IMO . . . it is a great success. It uses very little wood and can achieve high temps.

Two weeks ago I added a convection fan to my oven. The oven chamber is a 18 gal. barrel with a lid that seals tight. The HOT gasses  circulate around the oven. My first test firing saw the oven temp reach 700 degree in just 15 minutes.

From the strike of the match . . . and 30 minutes later six 10" pizzas where baked ! My oven temp stayed between 750 to 800 F. That's HOT ! And with the convection added, 2 to 2-1/2 minuted and the PIZZA was baked. I'll soon post up-dated photos. It's mobile and I've just added the (3rd) wheel.
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/procomfort/sets/72157634639807783/
we  have had many fun outings with my Licker-Tee-Split. It's sitting on my back-porch, (under the roof) . . .and NO visible smoke !

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
Re: Added Convection Fan
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
Really nice workmanship you have there.  Thanks for sharing.  Reaching 700F in 15 minutes is outstanding.  Love that.
Dave

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »
Have any videos, specifically of the oven's inside while its under fire? Sounds interesting.
Josh

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:20:09 AM »
 Good job.
Bert,