Author Topic: Need help picking an oven  (Read 516 times)

Offline gotbags-10

• I Love Pizza!
Need help picking an oven
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
So wanting to get an oven to use outside. Tired of getting the kitchen hot and smokey.  I have no idea what to do. I've been looking at everything from a weber kettle pizza oven insert, a Blackstone, a kamodo style grill aka primo or bge. Or I was looking at a Enforno oven/smoker. I would prefer something that uses lump charcoal or wood. Trying to keep it under 1500$ if possible. I'm not looking to do Neo style pizza just NY style. I would mostly just be doing 1 or 2 pizzas but I like the idea of having pizza parties so being able to crank out 5-10 pizzas would be nice. I'm not sure if can do that in an oven in those price ranges? Thanks for any suggestions. Nick

Offline barryvabeach

Re: Need help picking an oven
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
 I have the BSK,   which is a cheaper version of the BGE and the Blackstone. The BSK does a great job smoking and as a grill. The BS is outstanding for pizza.  I was never able to make a great pizza in the BSK,  and I think a pizza party would be very tough in the BSK, but no problem with BS

Offline bbqchuck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
If you have a limited budget and the best pizza for you $$$  is your goal,  I'd say a Blackstone is the way to go.  If your budget is plentiful, a 2Stone might be a more satisfying patio appliance.  If gucchi style is important, neither will fit the bill.

Offline gotbags-10

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
Would the 2stone be worth the extra 2k plus? seeing as it is still a propane oven. Which one of the 2 stones?

pizzapan