Author Topic: A new (and free) ebook on using excess sourdough starter  (Read 13195 times)

Offline foreplease

• Supporting Member
Re: A new (and free) ebook on using excess sourdough starter
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »
Bill,
I just learned of this in the "What are you eating right now?" topic. In my short time here I already had respect and appreciation for your contributions but this is astounding.

I'm not as good as I would like to be yet with starters/cultures/sourdough but I am interested. I was especially interested in this as a tech publishing experiment as you clearly explained it. On that front, the end result is it is now on my iPad and working beautifully - exactly as you hoped it would from what I can tell. I had a little trouble getting to that point but, hey, it's been over 3 years since you put this out there. The most confusing  part in downloading it was that the store kicked me to the Austrailian store, then told me I was not authorized to buy from the US store. There is a chance that was caused by the last item I browsed in the store. This is in no way a complaint, it's information I thought you would like to have.

Very nicely done - and quite generous. Thank you.
-Tony
I find it easier to imagine a diet of nothing but ice cream than one without ice cream

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »
Thank you, Tony, for the kind words.

Sorry you had difficulties downloading, but I'm not surprised. Apple could have been the leader in eBook/multimedia compositions, but they keep making the experience for both developers and consumers less than stellar.

Offline bradtri

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2016, 07:05:43 PM »
Bill .... WOW!!!

I couldn't wait for something to use my newly activating Ischia starter on so I tried your waffles recipe.

The only words I can think to pay partial homage are: "I can't believe I spent the first 54 years of my life missing out on this!"

Will you promise me that my pizzas will taste that much better too???   :D

thanks again

wordpress