Author Topic: Question  (Read 718 times)

Offline Polo1523

Question
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »
Hello Guys, been a while since I last posted, business is going well, just have a question, I bake my pies in a WFO, I noticed that my pies come out crispy and with great texture, but when I put the pie in the pizza box, the steam seems to affect the texture and it comes out a little bit chewy, I know that works for a neapolitan Pie, but I would like to know how to get a little bit more harder texture and to stay crispy a little longer, any ideas on what I can do to achieve that,
I use all trumps flour.

.90 TF
62% hydration
.20% IDY
18" pie
2% Salt
Regards Leo.

Offline stegosaurus!

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »
What do you mean by chewy? Chewy is an important factor in NY pizza. It HAS to be chewy. Neo pies have a more open, airy curing with a slight crispness.
"I don't tell you how to surf, farm, make movies, or anything else that California is famous for. Don't tell us what is and isn't in our pizza." - Scott123

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
Maybe too soft, more than i would like,
Regards Leo.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:27:02 AM »
A rippled/corrugated insert in the box to decrease suface contact on the bottom of the pie and I always ask for take-out pizza to be "un-cut" so the sauce and grease etc doesn't ooze under the slices and gum things up. Much rather cut just before serving. Maybe when taking the order ask the cutomer if they want the pie cut or un-cut so they have a choice. And if your boxes don't have breathe holes for the steam to escape, make them. Just some thoughts.

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 02:30:56 PM »
Thank you I will have  all those details in consideration  ;D
Regards Leo.

Offline francofromny

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 11:40:45 PM »
dont waste your time with the crust saver if by chance you come across that...buy corrugated boxes.

pizzapan