Author Topic: Fiore's Pizza Greenwich Village, NYC. My new favorite NYC slice joint.  (Read 132 times)

Offline HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
Harder and harder to find the old school NY slices in Manhattan these days especially with so many heat lamp and dollar joints around but this one opened a few years ago, named after a deceased 9/11 firefighter and is my new go to spot near my apt.

A bit pricey at $3.50 but definitely worth it.  The crust is crispy, thin, foldable with a proper old school gumline.  New Yorkers know what I mean when sauce is key.  The sauce is the best here, it is tangy, savory and sweet and cooked unlike most slice places nowadays that just plops on plain crushed tomatoes and not much else.  Reminds me of the old school cooked sauces from the 80's/90's.  Cheese is cubed and  placed over the pie and melts randomly, each bite different from the last.

The best slice here is the pepperoni slice. Thin fresh cut roasted pepperoni that curls up and has a nice crunch on the ends.

Their $10 special is 2 slices and a 40 oz beer in a brown paper bag, old school.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:15:30 PM by HarryHaller73 »

Offline carl333

• Supporting Member
  • Always trying to improve my dough.
On my bucket list. Go on a NY pizza crawl before its too late!!
Carl