Author Topic: Pizza Man, peel thyself.  (Read 559 times)

amyamrap

Pizza Man, peel thyself.
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:42:36 PM »
Sorry for the bold newbie opinion: I can't see using a peel in a home oven. It's going to take time and a lot of heat is going to fall out of the oven. I understand efficiency comes with practice but even so it's much quicker to build the pie on a pan then hand deliver the pan to the pizza stone. JMO.

This site is great.. actually puts good tasting pizza on my table :) Here is my latest effort and I have to say the crusts were really good!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:46:40 PM by amyamrap »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Pizza Man, peel thyself.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »
Fortunately, there are no rules! Use what makes you happy ;D

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

amyamrap

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »
Re the % calculator. Super. But for the home kitchen Joe or Jane Six-Pie the amts. are so small as to make the margin of error pretty high in terms of percentage. The beauty is consistency and the ability two tweak and learn.

This recipe yields 538.84 grams. Actual weight was 540 grams. LOL! No lie! Amazing luck!

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 12:37:06 AM »
Use whatever works for your tastes but remember not to disregard reccommendations that are given here in total. Most all of the basic techniques and recipes given on this site have run the gamet of thousands of tests and bakes and have pretty solid backgounds and proof to back them up. One thing I've learned is whenever you think you have something figured out you find out you don't and find yourself starting at the basics again!!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »
They look like nice pies. How did they taste?

TomN