Author Topic: Doubts regarding pizza oven  (Read 810 times)

Offline biren

• I Love Pizza!
Doubts regarding pizza oven
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:43:20 AM »
Guys,
I plan to open a pizza restaurant and the choices available for pizza oven are:
1. Electric Stone based oven which can go upto 570f
2. Electric oven (without stone) which can go upto 840f

I will be making mostly Pan pizzas, chicago style deep dish and thin crust pizza. Which one of the two do you suggest?
Also can we make pizza using screen inside a stone based oven?
Which all types of pizza can I make using oven (without stone) that can go upto 840fm

Thanks

Offline italdream

Re: Doubts regarding pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
You will find much more qualified replies from other people on this forum. IMHO there are many reasons why you should go with the 840F.
Everything else being equal, You will get much more versatility in what you can achieve (and thus offer to consumers) having a wider temperature range.
You can always order some good pizza stone but you cannot do certain things at 570 (for example no NY elite, and certainly no Neapolitan style, panuozzi etc.).

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
Re: Doubts regarding pizza oven
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:11:56 PM »
Ital.....

Why do panuozzi's at 570??  I make them at 550........but perhaps Im missing out.....does a higher temp make a better panuozzi??  I make them and american style puccias in a gas deck oven.  I realize what Im calling puccias and what Italians call puccias are a different lot.  To me panuozzi are long, like subs....and puccias are round like hard rolls..but they are basically both a thick pita type bread.

Am I wrong???  Thanks for any info.