Author Topic: soda tap machine with or without ice maker on top?  (Read 646 times)

Offline paulyman

soda tap machine with or without ice maker on top?
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:16:20 PM »
looking into getting a soda tap machine with the ice maker on top so my employees do not have to fill it up all of the time.   Any positive or negative words of advise with these units.   Do they make the dinning room hot?   break a lot?  energy?  is it worth it?  or is is better to just keep an ice maker in the back and keep filling it up when needed....

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: soda tap machine with or without ice maker on top?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:14:12 PM »
why not get one that is self contained with the refrigeration part of the unit .  most beverage companies lease them to you.

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:55:57 PM »
And do some research in your area......several companies will GIVE the machine to you.....as long as they can sell you the syrups..............

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »
I had a chance at owning a machine-top ice maker for $1,100.00 Used, but barely used and in great shape
After much waffling, I found it a better fit for us to go with a remote ice-maker, It takes my opening crew less than 10 minutes to load 3 bucket loads of ice into it, and the machine also produces ice for our catering stuff too.

I'd look at your power supply in the area of the soda fountain machine and see if you have the available power needed to run it before committing
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

pizzapan