Author Topic: caputo flour blend test  (Read 710 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
caputo flour blend test
« on: December 17, 2013, 01:52:56 PM »
 a friend of mine Anthony Pilla from marra forni was raving about a mix of caputo purple and blue,and how nice the dough and finished pies were using it. i ordered a few bags of purple and did the 50 50 mix at 62 percent hydration. the mixed felt different and look different than straight blue. the dough softer and seemed to have a lot more air bubbles right after the mix. Anthony uses a 55 percent hydration he liked his dough a little firmer. i went to 62 percent
 my dough only had 24 hours of rise time 1 hour bulk two hours balled. then in the cooler. pulled 4 hours before service . pics of the bulkand balled dough are include,  finished pies will come tonight after work.
  according to Fred at Orlano foods the purple is used for lower temperature baking of pizza  metro and facaccia in the 650 degree range.  this mix was very tender and light. the chew characteristics were chewy but not tough. it reminded me of the texture of my lorenzos dough used in the wood oven under emergency situations. it did not have the same taste as straight blue,but that could of been because it wasn't aged as much as i usually do which is three days. i am going to do a 75/25 mix for my dough this week. tonight i will send pictures of the pies. if anyone want to play with this i will send you a pound of purple.all i ask is you report your results . pm me.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:35:45 PM by thezaman »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: caputo flour blend test
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »
 pizza pictures, temperature outside during this bake was 18 degrees. the oven was eating wood like i eat pizza, 825 floor dome not as hot as normal due to external cold. last pie was a garlic butter and cheese apetizer
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:50:28 PM by thezaman »

pizzapan