Author Topic: WFO design differences between ovens for New York and Neopolitan style pizza  (Read 479 times)

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
Simple question: What are the differences in oven design between a WFO for Neopolitan pizza compared to a WFO that is going to be used for New York style pizza (which is the style that I make and enjoy).  I understand the difference in cooking temps between the two, are those differences driven mainly by the firing temps for each or is there a difference in the design that matter?  Thanks in advance.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
You can cook any style in any WFO, you just have to let it get to or drop back to the temps you want.  I generally cook a few Neapolitan style while waiting for it to drop down to NY temps, which is what I also prefer.

Offline TXCraig1

At lower temps, it not only takes longer, but it's also easier to manage more pies, so you might want to make an oven for NY larger.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Online shuboyje

For a home oven all you need is a door wide enough for a New York pizza.  Holding a commercial oven at New York temps all day is a but trickier.
-Jeff