Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 526 times)

Offline runeli

• I Love Pizza!
Is it possible?
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »
I have slightly a luxury problem. After selling pizza from home for about 1-2 month (good one), I delivered 4 pizzas for a company yesterday. This morning the boss call me and asked if I can deliver pizza for their new years party. 
In Thailand on parties like this you have many different dishes and he want that on of this dishes are pizza, so he asked if I can deliver 50-60 pizzas from 6pm to 11pm. He expect around 600 people.

I rest my dough for 24 hours. I can get cooling place for the dough, but the big question is can I handle this with only home stove? One pizza is baking time 9 minutes at 235 degree Celsius. My stove goes to 280 degree Celsius and can be baked at 6-7 minutes, but I find that a little more cooking time brings more flavors to the pizza.

Is it possible to prebake the pizza and only couple of minutes at 280 degree Celsius before delivery? Will it keep the same flavor?

Offline pdog

Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 12:35:16 PM »
Hi,

I am sorry but I do not see how this would be possible in a home oven environment.

At 9 minutes a pie for 50 pizzas that would take 7.5 hrs of straight baking with 0 seconds between pies. 

Even with the ability to cook 3 pizzas at a time this would be a very tough challenge.  You would need to be operating at restaurant efficiency for this to work.