Author Topic: My Blackstone Journey Begins  (Read 891 times)

Online halfprice

My Blackstone Journey Begins
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:48:54 PM »
I've already posted that my bs arrived yesterday.  So today I put it together and did a couple of mods.  Prior to assembly I had to pick up a few things.  First I bought a propane tank off of Craigs list for $10  It was half filled ;D  I'll pick up another because I don't want to run out when I use the bs.  Thought I ordered the bearing off of Amazon already but realized last night I never did the checkout.  So after getting the tank I was off to Anaheim, home of Disneyland, to the company that's sells the bearing on Amazon and E-Bay.  Then I stopped at a metal recycle shop.  Got a good size piece of stainless steal, 20 gauge,to make the chaufector for $5.  20 gauge is hard to work with if you don't have the proper tools.  Last stop to Home Depot to get some stainless steel washers for under the bottom stone, a propane tank gauge, and a switch to turn off the motor.

Got everything built but didn't have time to install the switch.  I was a little disappointed with the motor cord.  Its kind of short.  Before I cut into the cord I'll have to see if its long enough.  If not I'll have to make an extension and then cut into it.

Overall my BS arrives in very good shape.  There is a couple of very small dents on one shelf and I had to pry open one bar where the legs is inserted.  Other than that I'm very happy.

Now I have to make some dough and cook my first pizza on it.  This will happen next weekend.  To busy right now with Xmas parties.

Here's a few pics I took of the bearing, chauflector, and of the BS.

If anyone has any suggestions  for additional mods PLEASE let me know.

Jerry

Forgot to mention I changed out the set screw to the collar
I also lubed up the threads with Yamalube.  I use this lube on my saltwater reels.  Hopefully it will keep it from seizing up.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:55:40 PM by halfprice »

Online halfprice

Re: My Blackstone Journey Begins
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »
Forgot the mention I'm keeping it in  the garage for now.  Its a freezing cold 50* outside tonight  :-D 

Jerry

That's a little humor for you folks out east.