I couldn't decide where this post belongs so I decided to put it in the General Group. If a Mod would like to move it to a more appropriate category, please feel free.
Recently I stumbled across this video http://www.hellthyjunkfood.com/deep-deep.html
and it had me intrigued. It was a total cheese overload and who doesnt love gooey cheese oozing out.
The light bulb then went off in my head and I thought what if I made something similar but using 2 pizza skins layered on top of each other with each skin topped as per below.
Bottom Pizza Skin
Philly Steak type filling
Blend Of Sauces
Top Pizza Skin
Another blend of sauces
Heavy topping of Mozarella Cheese
How well this pizza will hold of to all this filling is a mystery to me and that's where I need some assistance with answering these few questions.
1. What dough formula would work best?
2. Best Thickness factor to hold up to a filling pizza like this. I would like to go with the lowest TF that would support such a heavy pie.
3. How long would you bake a pizza like this to make sure everything bakes up nicely including the skins.
4. At what temperature would you bake at?
5. What size Pizza would work best? My theory is if it's diameter is too large like a 12" then likely it would collapse under a heavy filling compared to 9" pie which may hold up better.
Looking forward to hearing you comments.