Author Topic: Capt. B's pizza journey.......  (Read 9721 times)

Online CaptBob

• Supporting Member
Re: Capt. B's pizza journey.......
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »
Jon......this was cut from the stick version. That's all they had locally.
Bob

Offline parallei

« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »
just say that I'm quite liking Margherita brand pepperoni. It doesn't have the flavor of Vermont pepp but it's much more cost effective for me and it cups nicely as well.

Margherita Barnd Natural Casing Stick is the best out there.  It tastes like real food.  The place in Denver that makes the sausage I use always has some in the cooler.  If they ever close, I'm S.O.L.

The Vermont Smoked tastes like Bolagna…... ::)

Online CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #302 on: Yesterday at 11:26:43 PM »
Complete and total pizza withdrawal going on here. Was traveling this week and didn't have a chance to make dough earlier in the week. This was "almost" a same day dough. Poolish made last night...dough made today. Four hour bulk ferment with three stretch and folds. Balled....four hours on the counter for the RT ferment. The other two dough balls are in the fridge.

95% Caputo Metro "A" 00 and 5% spelt. 64% HR, .05% IDY, 2.25% salt, 1% avocado oil. Crispy, chewey, yummy. My usual 25% poolish with beer yada yada yada..... Soppressata picante, fennel sausage, red onion, fresh garlic, Fresh basil, fresh chives. Balsamic glaze and Mike's Hot Honey post bake. Three minutes 15 seconds in the BS at 650......Thanks guys.....😋😋😋
Bob

pizzapan