Author Topic: Help! I screwed up today's mix and I'm in a jam now...  (Read 361 times)

Offline tbear

• I Love Pizza!
Help! I screwed up today's mix and I'm in a jam now...
« on: November 05, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
I have 17 hours until I cook my first pizza. I have 86 grams of fully active preferment. I need to make 40 240g pizzas. How can I acurately mix preferment with IDY to get decent results in 17 hours? Normally I just use preferment, but I don't have enough now. And how long should the ball time be?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:22:59 PM by tbear »

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Help! I screwed up today's mix and I'm in a jam now...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:21:52 PM »
If you can control the fermentation temp, start with the SD table (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=22649.0) find the temperature you will ferment at and the %SD 86g represents given your formula flour then go down the column until you find 17 hours and ferment at that temp. For example, if you have enough starter for 3%, you would ferment at 76F.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline tbear

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Help! I screwed up today's mix and I'm in a jam now...
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:51:18 AM »
Thanks Craig, I had forgotten where that table was since I only use preferment in my mix and unfortunately it 3:00 AM here when I got your post. But I will keep in mind if I screw up another batch in the future.