Author Topic: Georgia Neapolitan Adventures  (Read 430 times)

Offline ericallenboyd

• I Love Pizza!
Georgia Neapolitan Adventures
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:13:42 PM »
I just started doing Neapolitan pizzas and wanted to make this thread more like a journal to track my progress.  I am only using IDY so far but have an order with sourdo.com to get my starter.  Excited about that but have a lot to learn.  Have a BS oven and it is pretty amazing even with the stock settings.  I thought about the chauflector but on the fence as I get pretty good results without it.

Started some dough last night for a single pie tomorrow.  Doing a 24 hour bulk and 20 hour balled at 65 degrees.  Using this recipe but will follow up with some pictures and process as I go along.

00 Flour (100%): 157.56 g  |  5.56 oz | 0.35 lbs
Water (62%):    97.69 g  |  3.45 oz | 0.22 lbs
IDY (.016%):    0.03 g | 0 oz | 0 lbs | 0.01 tsp | 0 tbsp
Salt (3%):    4.73 g | 0.17 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.98 tsp | 0.33 tbsp
Total (165.016%):   260 g | 9.17 oz | 0.57 lbs | TF = N/A

Offline ericallenboyd

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Georgia Neapolitan Adventures
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:22:52 AM »
Made 4 pizzas this weekend for my family and neighbors.  Did a 44 hours ferment with 24 of those in bulk.  Used IDY since I have just completed the diy proofer and need to get that started.

I have a vegie, pepperoni, cheese, and bacon pear scallion with cheddar (no sauce on this one).

Overall the pizzas were very good and getting better all of the time and starting to dial in the blackstone.  Made the chauflector this weekend since I had another project where I needed some sheet metal.  will put that on there and see how that goes.

Sorry for the crappy iphone photos as I was in a hurry and my guests were very hungry.