Author Topic: how many cans per batch ?  (Read 681 times)

Online fernandolira

• I Love Pizza!
how many cans per batch ?
« on: December 19, 2013, 09:16:31 AM »
hello everyone..

im trying to figure out how many SM cans (say Cento 35 oz.) would it be necessary for making 100 Neapolitan Margheritas..
or even better.. does any of you have a formula or something like that to figure out how many tomatoes are necessary for making sauce for just one margherita?

i was dreaming of planting SM tomatoes and then home-canning them for this, but it looks that is not that easy to get that many tomatoes (for a pizzeria that has the intention of making 130 pies per day.. or a bag of caputo per day)

anyways..

it would be great for me to figure out how many cans i need to use per day...

thanks for all  ;D

cheers!

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: how many cans per batch ?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:31 AM »
Hello fernandolira,

I don't have a formula for your 100 Neapolitan Margheritas, but i am sure someone on the forum will give you an answer. I did want to suggest Alta Cucina Tomatoes by Stanislaus. (see the link below)  They are a better price and they are sold in a # 10 size can.  These tomatoes are always consistent in flavor and quality as well. You might want to give them a try sometime soon. Best to you.

TomN

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,22498.msg281791.html#msg281791

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 06:15:50 AM »
why don't you process 1 can of tomatoes as you would like to use them, make a few doughs for some friends and/or family, and then see how many pizzas you can make with the sauce you made from the one can. Then you can easily figure out how much you will need by using a little basic arithmetic.

Online fernandolira

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
why don't you process 1 can of tomatoes as you would like to use them, make a few doughs for some friends and/or family, and then see how many pizzas you can make with the sauce you made from the one can. Then you can easily figure out how much you will need by using a little basic arithmetic.

yes i suppose that's a good way of finding out..

the thing is that im writing a business plan and  where i live i'll have to import the cans, no mather what.

so im trying to find some formula to know how many i'll have to import, and how often..

having in mind that they have to serve for 100 pies... how many cans per day for that amount..

???

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »
yes i suppose that's a good way of finding out..

the thing is that im writing a business plan and  where i live i'll have to import the cans, no mather what.

so im trying to find some formula to know how many i'll have to import, and how often..

having in mind that they have to serve for 100 pies... how many cans per day for that amount..

???
Like Dave said....there's no way of computing without first finding your base figures....are you sure you wanna be doing this man?

The "formula" is just basic math....but you first need to know how many ounces of sauce you will be using on your pizza.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:32:43 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online fernandolira

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:41:04 PM »
Like Dave said....there's no way of computing without first finding your base figures....are you sure you wanna be doing this man?

The "formula" is just basic math....but you first need to know how many ounces of sauce you will be using on your pizza.

yes, i know it would be easier for me to import a single can and then realize how many by myself.. but honestly its hard to import food to chile, and to make all that trouble for just one can its a bit complicated for a simple math thing..

i want to know based on your experience how many np pizzas can you make with one can.... and then i can get an aprox. figure of how many cans i'll have to import..

thats all!

i know it will change from the real thing, but some previous idea will help me a lot..

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »
Fernandolira, you are asking" how much does a  lunch cost?", or, "how many brick to build a house".  There is no answer without more information, and even then it becomes, "how much was YOUR lunch".  There will be an answer, but it will not be the answer you need.

Online fernandolira

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »
Fernandolira, you are asking" how much does a  lunch cost?", or, "how many brick to build a house".  There is no answer without more information, and even then it becomes, "how much was YOUR lunch".  There will be an answer, but it will not be the answer you need.

come on.. its not a question that hard..

i just want to know approximately how many neapolitan pizzas (i.e. margheritas) can you make with just one can of 1 kg..

i know it will vary from the reality.. but i just want to have an idea if i will have to use 1 can per day or 100.. you know?

its not something i want to have as a complete mystery until i get to import the cans..

and its not like where i live i can get them at the supermarket and try.. if that was the case i wouldn't bother posting in this forum.

just an average number.. between this and that.

thanks..

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »
OK, this is easy.

1) How many ounces or grams of sauce are you using per pizza?
2) How many pizzas? 100

Multiply the answer to question #1 by the answer to question #2 (100).

Only one person knows the answer to question #1. If you are that person, do the math.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 07:15:18 PM »
OK, this is easy.

1) How many ounces or grams of sauce are you using per pizza?
2) How many pizzas? 100

Multiply the answer to question #1 by the answer to question #2 (100).

Only one person knows the answer to question #1. If you are that person, do the math.
And to answer your next question.....go to the Neapolitan section and you can find out how much sauce goes on to one of these pizzas that you are planning on selling 100+ per day.....good day!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online fernandolira

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
ok thanks for all..

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:12:20 PM by fernandolira »