Author Topic: Farewell to Bill/SFNM  (Read 2872 times)

Offline chasenpse

• Battle Hill Media
Re: Farewell to Bill/SFNM
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
It's sad to see you go Bill, I'm still practically new here yet I can see the value you've brought to this forum. You'll be missed, my prayers to you and your family.
If Tetris has taught me anything, itís that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »
Bill,

I will keep you and your family in my prayers! I hope that you will be able to post every once in a while. This community will not be the same without you.

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »
My deepest gratitude to all for your expressions of support, wishes, and prayers. I leave this forum with great reluctance, but other priorities make it necessary. I thank Steve for this awesome forum and his trust in me to help make it a better place.

As an active member, I have learned so much here from those who share my passion for pizza. As a moderator, I have seen the best and worst in people and the best and worst in myself. I'm sorry for any bad feelings I may have caused, but I'm profoundly grateful for the many friends I've made here. I hope we can keep in contact. Feel free to PM me. I may not respond right away, but I will respond.

Speaking of the best in people - working with Peter (Pete-zza) has been a joy. He certainly made me a better moderator as well as a better person by virtue of his exemplary generosity and patience. In the old days before Steve succeeded in preventing spammers, sickies, and trolls from invading, we were a pretty effective team in keeping the forum clean. We were often able to spot and block them before anyone noticed their presence. I could tell you some stories! As long as Peter is here, this site will continue to be the best source anywhere for pizza making information.

I will miss this place.

Bill/SFNM

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »
Best wishes to you Bill, and your family. I will miss your wonderful posts, complete with photos that made me drool. You are a great moderator and teacher.
Marty

Offline dwighttsharpe

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 07:18:01 PM »
Farewell Bill.

As a not too frequent poster here, I just realized I did not distinguish between Steve(Adm) and Bill/SFNM.

Which one is the "Extreme Cook" on youtube?

Thanks. Sorry for not knowing.
Dwight

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
Farewell Bill.

As a not too frequent poster here, I just realized I did not distinguish between Steve(Adm) and Bill/SFNM.

Which one is the "Extreme Cook" on youtube?

Thanks. Sorry for not knowing.

That's Bill.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline kiwipete

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 10:20:16 PM »
I've been on this forum since October 2005. Bill beat me to it by about 6 months. At that time the forum was quite small. For all of those nine years I have enjoyed pretty much every post that Bill made. There was always something of value and interest in them. I've learnt a lot from Bill as we were all trying to unravel the secrets of Neapolitan pizza and starting to play with starters etc.

As far as the moderation duties is concerned, I am convinced that it is a massive job that (mainly) takes place in the background so nobody really notices the amount of effort required. Yet we all benefit from it massively. Thanks for that too Bill.

I sincerely hope that things work out for you and your family, and hope that you check in  from time to time if you can.

Should you ever find yourself in New Zealand, my door is open for you.

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:30 AM »
Thankk you Bill for all of your insightfull posts and great videos.

All the best for the future.

Kinds regards.

Barry in Cape Town

Offline dwighttsharpe

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 12:00:34 PM »
Dwight

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
Thanks Bill. Always informative, educated and exemplary posts. You are a great teacher, in food and in Life too, I am sure. Godspeed.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
Bill, good luck i hope everything turns out well for you and your family. thanks for everything you have done!!!
  Larry

Offline Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »
Bill, I echo the above sentiments. You brought real class to this forum, and that will be missed. Not to mention your posts and spectacular photos demonstrated that you were as much a connosieur of food/gastronomy (not limited to merely pizza) and its preparation/techniques as any other member... Life throws these curveballs at us and we respond accordingly. Respect. Swing around when you can. You'll be missed.
Il miglior fabbro

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »
I just now read this, damned, hope all is not too dismal on your plate. Please jump in here now and then, as has already been said "you will be missed"!!!
You and yours will be in our prayers and may the issues you and yours face bring you closer and your journey together a peaceful one full of love!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »
I Wish you all the best.
Bert,

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 04:44:53 PM »
I've been off the forum for a while and just saw this.  Wishing you all the best, Bill.  You have been an inspiration to many, including myself.  Thank you for all your assistance and support.  We'll miss you.

Robyn

Offline Pizzaddict

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 11:32:32 PM »
Bill, I have been inspired many times by your creativity and passion.  Thank you for all you've done here.  I wish you and your family the best!

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »
I haven't been very active on the forum for quite a while but just saw this. I want to wish you all the best and hope things work out well.
My wife and I are headed your way in July for SITE Santa Fe and to look at maybe retiring in SFNM. I'd hoped to get some inside info from you!
Your contributions to the forum will be sorely missed.
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
Thank you. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Happy to help with whatever info about SFNM you want.