Author Topic: Need comments on flour price  (Read 1322 times)

Offline billneild

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Need comments on flour price
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:50:37 AM »
I just got a KA catalog packed in with something I ordered and I noticed that I can order KA HG (14.2%) for $2.95 per 3 lb bag.  The shipping charge for my state, assuming I bought 12 lbs would be $9.19.  If I can still do sixth grade math this works out to about $1.74 per pound.  Is this a good price?  Bad price?  My local megamart does not seem to carry anything above KA Bread flour.  Any ideas about the type of place to look locally?  Obviously the cost per pound drops off quite a bit if you order more, but I'm not sure I want 25 or 30 pounds of flour.

Bill

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
Re: Need comments on flour price
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 07:48:02 AM »
Bill,

Look to see if any pizza/restaurant distributors in your area.  Some  will sell to individuals.  One near me will sell to individuals but they do not have a showroom so I have to know what I want when I go in.  They have their product list on their website.  They told me that they had KASL for $14  -  50lb bag.  Even though I do not want 50lbs I figure that I can give away some and still be way ahead of the game.  I'm hoping to get there today.

Deb

Deb

Offline loch

• I love pizza!
Re: Need comments on flour price
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 10:41:02 AM »
I would suggest trying a place like Whole Foods. In Colorado they carry all the KA flours. Also in our area King Soopers. Try contacting some of your local grocery stores to see if they carry KA.

I love the product but shipping here makes mail ordering kind of foolish (check the shipping chart to CO).

Dave
"As long as when she takes me out she buys me pizza and beer!"

pizzapan