Author Topic: I LOVE this oven!  (Read 3805 times)

Offline bakeshack

I LOVE this oven!
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »
This is what I've been up to lately . . . 3.5 min bake NP/NY hybrid on a hot (up to 850F) Cuppone Tiziano oven.   

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
Re: I LOVE this oven!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:46:22 AM »
Marlon those are great looking pies and ovens! Did you purchase them? Are you starting a restaurant?  More info please!!

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »
That's a nice pepperoni pie :-) Is that Vermont smoked pepperoni?
Chaz

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
WOW. Is the oven in your kitchen?

Joihn

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »
Marlon those are great looking pies and ovens! Did you purchase them? Are you starting a restaurant?  More info please!!

John K

Thanks, John!  I purchased the oven last November.  I plan on adding some slice pizza business this year to the farmer's market setup that I already have with my breads. 

That's a nice pepperoni pie :-) Is that Vermont smoked pepperoni?

Thanks, that is a VT Smoked pepperoni pizza.

WOW. Is the oven in your kitchen?

Joihn

John, I have the oven in my backyard kitchen so I can practice and get really familiar with it until I get everything ready for the farmer's market.  I'm just working out the solution for the power supply during those events without creating too much noise.  Right now, the only generator I found worth using is the Honda 6500 EU.  Those are extremely quiet but quite expensive. 

Marlon

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 01:59:37 PM »
omg, the pepperoni pie looks amazing

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 02:03:36 PM »
This is what I've been up to lately . . . 3.5 min bake NP/NY hybrid on a hot (up to 850F) Cuppone Tiziano oven.
Very nice.  Those look like some big pies.  I know what's what on pies 1, 3 & 4.  That second pie is a mystery and it looks like most of Vermont.  I'll take all of that!
Dave

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 02:29:30 PM »
Very nice.  Those look like some big pies.  I know what's what on pies 1, 3 & 4.  That second pie is a mystery and it looks like most of Vermont.  I'll take all of that!
Dave

Thanks!  That is actually Vermont pepperoni, hot soppressata, fennel sausage and nduja. 

scott123

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 02:34:18 PM »
Marlon, you bought an oven without talking to me first? An oven I've never even heard of? And it can produce this?  What are you doing to me here?  You're not supposed to know more than I do  :-D

Seriously, though, I am hugely impressed by that oven purchase and overwhelmingly pleased that you're going pro.  With the NY pies you've been making, those farmer's market shoppers won't know what hit them.

You got any specs on this bad boy?  Wattage? Internal dimensions? Stone thickness? How well does it recover between bakes?  Have you pushed the volume on it yet? What kind of volume are you projecting for the market? 

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »
Incredible pies.  Would love to be eating one right now, lol.
-Jeff

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »
Incredible pies.  Would love to be eating one right now, lol.

I live about 3 miles from the Newport Beach Farmer's Market which is one of Marlon's venues, so I hope to be eating some of these very soon!  Marlon, the pizza and the ovens both look fantastic.  Congrats. 

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »
that first pic of the roni pie is DISTURBING!

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »
Wow, beautiful pies. I love the cupping on the pepperoni one.
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 07:41:42 PM »
wow, very nice

Offline jkb

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »
I want one.

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »
Marlon, you bought an oven without talking to me first? An oven I've never even heard of? And it can produce this?  What are you doing to me here?  You're not supposed to know more than I do  :-D

Seriously, though, I am hugely impressed by that oven purchase and overwhelmingly pleased that you're going pro.  With the NY pies you've been making, those farmer's market shoppers won't know what hit them.

You got any specs on this bad boy?  Wattage? Internal dimensions? Stone thickness? How well does it recover between bakes?  Have you pushed the volume on it yet? What kind of volume are you projecting for the market?

:-D Thank you, Scott!  You still know way more than I do and I will definitely get your advice on some items I need help with soon!  My main hurdle is trying to find a cost effective solution for the power supply since  I got some complaints about excessive noise with the portable generator.   

Specs: 

10,000 watts
50amp 208v
Internal Dimension - 24"x24"
Stone thickness - approx 1"

This oven is really designed for pizza in teglia/pizza al taglio since that was my original plan but I finally decided to go with this style and just add a special pizza al taglio on certain days to introduce it as well to customers.  With regards to volume, I can make 10 pizzas by myself in 1 hr per deck.  If I had another person opening the dough or manning the oven, I could easily produce way more.  The heat recovery is very impressive.  Sometimes, I don't even give it time to recover (if I can open and dress a pizza fast enough  ;D) to prevent the stone from getting too hot without turning down the bottom temp.  The most important thing is the top heating element needs to be running hot when you launch a pizza.  I set it at 750F and the bottom element at 650F.  I get a 3-3.5 mins bake time.  I turn the pizza once sometimes twice then bring it close to the top element for 5-10 secs right before I pull it out of the oven to get an even bake on the rim. 

I project between 250-400 slices depending on the size of the farmer's market for that day.  I tried it before the holidays on a very small market (20 vendors only) for 4 hrs without any marketing or announcement that we will be selling pizza and I sold 150 slices.  That was promising and I got some extremely good feedback. 

Marlon

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 03:12:55 PM »
Thanks, guys! 

Tinroof, I will let you know once we are up and running.  We sold some pizzas there before the holidays and got some really good feedback.

Marlon

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:10 PM »
Marlon,

Great looking pies and what a beautiful oven.  Is that one oven or more than one oven?

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
I LOVE the Cuppone ovens !! saw them 3 years ago at pizza expo and almost bought the rotating floor model it blew me away?
and how are we mixing the dough Marlon  ;)
Bet of luck with everything !!!!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »
 :drool:

Incredible pies! Love the oven!
 8)
-Bill

pizzapan