Author Topic: Gas Brick Oven Central London- SF/Acunto VS Pavesi/Stonebake  (Read 554 times)

Offline aboynamedjim

Gas Brick Oven Central London- SF/Acunto VS Pavesi/Stonebake
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:19:12 AM »
Hi Guys,

I own a family run Italian restaurant in Central London, and we are looking at branching out to open a pizzeria next door. Unfortunately we cannot use a wood oven, as the landlord of the building will not give consent for a separate flue.  If we use gas, then we can connect it to our current extractor duct so no worries for ventilation. IMHO I  like the theatre of having a pizzaiolo and oven in front of the guests, so would rather go gas then electric deck , but I'm happy to listen to other peoples opinions

After hours of research, our choices for gas brick ovens appear to be either Italian/British commercial (Pavesi/Valoriani/Stonebake Ovens etc) Or Italian/British Handmade (Stefano Ferrara/Wood Ovens uk/Acunto/Getting someone to copy a Napoli style). This week I start eating at all the pizzarias in the UK with these ovens, but if any one owns any of the above and could offer their 2 cents on product, pizza and build quality that would be a fantastic help!

Our goal is to produce the best possible product on a consistent daily basis ( So not necessarily Napolitan Style).  This is a commercial venture so also there are other things to consider, i.e.- how much space is needed, whether the manufacturer offers a guarantee and whether my clients will appreciate the effort/product.

Thanks guys, and best wishes for 2014!  :chef:

James

Offline ilLazzarone

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Gas Brick Oven Central London- SF/Acunto VS Pavesi/Stonebake
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:45:12 PM »
Hello friend,
If it were me i would definitely go Steffano or Acunto. I am partial to Acunto myself!
"Come to the Table"

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Gas Brick Oven Central London- SF/Acunto VS Pavesi/Stonebake
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 07:59:54 AM »
Yes Partial to Acunto myself also available with Gas.
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com