Author Topic: Silicone Dough Ball Containers  (Read 736 times)

Offline Everlast

Silicone Dough Ball Containers
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:45:48 PM »
Has anyone had any experience using a non-stick silicone container for fermenting their dough balls? If so, were you able to simply turn the bowl over and have the dough ball come right out without applying oil to the bowl prior to putting the dough ball in?

Offline Kale dog

• love the smell of a pizza baking.
Re: Silicone Dough Ball Containers
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
Use those cheap food storage containers and a little oil is the best way to ferment your dough in a pinch   :chef: :pizza:
*Sigh*

Offline Qarl

• I love to cook! and eat!
    • Black Pug Brewing
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
Care to share a link of which bowls you are referring to?

Offline Everlast

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »
Something like this:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-15390/iSi+Silicone+Bowls

I'm not sure that these are the non-stick variety, but it there were containers out there that combined non-stick with a lid, I wonder if the dough would easily release from the container without using oil. I've been using round, plastic food containers that I lightly oil for NP dough. The dough ball still sticks a bit and my dough ball doesn't always come out perfectly. It would seem that if the dough ball was released from the container with no excessive stretching, the resulting pizza would be better formed. Also, sometimes the use of oil results in extra flour sticking to the dough which then turns bitter or prevents browning once baked.

pizzapan