Author Topic: Gino's Style Mini Deep Dish Pizzas  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Gino's Style Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 12:01:33 AM »
Joshua:

You've gotten lots of good info here from Bob, et al., and I'd also like to suggest taking these questions over to the "Shop Talk" forum where people talk about making pizza for money: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/board,57.0.html

For the most part, those of us on the Chicago style forum are just hobbyists who like to make and eat pizza with little to no restaurant experience--whether kitchen or managerial.  You want to make delicious pizza?  You've come to the right place here. You want to run a profitable business?  That is another story.

I'm not saying this to throw dirt on anyone or anything here.  Just sayin': making pizza and selling pizza are two separate things.

Cheers, and good luck!
Garvey

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 12:25:32 AM »
Joshua:

You've gotten lots of good info here from Bob, et al., and I'd also like to suggest taking these questions over to the "Shop Talk" forum where people talk about making pizza for money: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/board,57.0.html

For the most part, those of us on the Chicago style forum are just hobbyists who like to make and eat pizza with little to no restaurant experience--whether kitchen or managerial.  You want to make delicious pizza?  You've come to the right place here. You want to run a profitable business?  That is another story.

I'm not saying this to throw dirt on anyone or anything here.  Just sayin': making pizza and selling pizza are two separate things.

Cheers, and good luck!
Garvey
Excellent point Garvey about the "shop talk" section of our forum. I never visit there so it's not something I ever think about to recommend to folks in this particular type scenario. Need to make a note of that. ;)
This thread of Smitty's is just something that caught my eye and happens to be something that I used to consider(what he's interested in doing)....so, I ran with it.
We're not so much talking about the business aspect of his project rather the difficulties of bringing a hot and delicious Chicago DD pizza to the table in a situation that is a bit unusual. Well, maybe that is sorta business like.
Could use the help man....you make good pizzas.  8)

Bob
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:28:53 AM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline magnified

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »
Garvey,

Thanks! I'm relatively new here and didn't even see the shop talk section. But yeah, at first it was a small post about my mini DD pizzas with a little tag about what I wanted to do. Now it is moving more into logistics since I'm looking into ovens and such. Let me know if you have any insight! Thanks!

Joshua

Offline acbova

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 05:05:38 PM »
It's a cool idea and that is a very nice price point.  I would worry about the number of pans you would need to get started and as you stated how fast you would bake or reheat.   

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »
It's a cool idea and that is a very nice price point.  I would worry about the number of pans you would need to get started and as you stated how fast you would bake or reheat.
A couple hundred bucks...I think pans will be the least of his worries. Oven and heated display box will be the big ticket items.

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"