Author Topic: Artichokes  (Read 1048 times)

Offline communist

Artichokes
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »
Got some baby artichokes, trimmed them nicely into hearts, halved them, and put them on my pizza.  They were pretty good, but a bit bland.  These were fresh artichokes because my first experience with marinated bottled artichokes was not good.  Anybody have a favorite way of prepping fresh artichoke hearts before putting on as a topping?  Anybody prefer plain artichokes without prepping?  Right now I was not wowed by the naked artichokes.   Mark

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Artichokes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
I don't use them often on pizza, but I usually trim them, grill them first with evoo, lemon juice, and a bit of s&p. I give them a good bit of evoo after grilling to keep them from drying out before using.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline communist

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »
I don't use them often on pizza, but I usually trim them, grill them first with evoo, lemon juice, and a bit of s&p. I give them a good bit of evoo after grilling to keep them from drying out before using.
Thanks Craig.  I think they could use a little flavor kick with some salt. pepper and evo.  Grilling veggies always helps too!  Mark

Offline slagathor

• I love onions!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »
Grilled, with EVOO, S&P, and fresh lemon juice before and after. Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference.

Cheers
I slit the sheet. The sheet I slit. And on the slitted sheet I sit.

Offline communist

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »
Grilled, with EVOO, S&P, and fresh lemon juice before and after. Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference.

Cheers
Thanks!  Mark

Offline The Dub Oracle

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:25:34 AM »
I love them together with mushrooms, salami and gorgonzola.
I buy them canned here in Holland, but the quality is not always good, you must have a good brand that has quality artichokes and they must be sour or acid for better taste.