Author Topic: All Thrumps  (Read 616 times)

Offline Chet

All Thrumps
« on: February 13, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »
 I picked up a 25lb bag of All Thrumps flour the other day, a few recipes i use call for bread flour 12.6%, is there a formula any where that if I use some of my 11.7% all purpose to mix with the All Thrumps,  to get 12.6% one of my recipes calls for 1051grs or bread flour, approx what ratio would suffice.

Chet

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: All Thrumps
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »
Chet,

I believe you mean All Trumps flour. But to answer your question, there is a Mixed Mass Percentage Calculator at http://foodsim.unclesalmon.com/ that does exactly what you want to do.

Peter

Offline Chet

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:26:05 PM »
if i did the calc right, looking for 1051 gr of 12.7 protien. i would add 133grs of the  11.2 flour and the rest all trumps am i doing it correct

Chet

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:52:59 PM »
Chet,

You changed a couple of numbers from your original post, but if you want to combine AT at 14.2% protein with all-purpose flour at 11.7% protein to end up with 1051 grams of total blend with a protein content of 12.6%, you would use 378.36 grams of AT and 672.64 grams of all-purpose.

Peter

Offline Chet

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:37:47 PM »
thanks Peter

I tried the program, going to have to play with it more, cant come up with your numbers

Chet

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 11:54:15 PM »
thanks Peter

I tried the program, going to have to play with it more, cant come up with your numbers

Chet

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »
Chet,

To add to what member November said, if a particular flour is not in the pull-down menu, or if there is not another flour in the pull-down menu with the same  percentage of protein (shown in parentheses in the pull-down menu), you can use the % entry box just below the pull-down menu. Just remember that the A and B boxes correspond to the MassA and MassB numbers. That way you won't get mixed up and reverse the MassA and MassB numbers.

Another thing to note is that since the AT flour you have is most likely bromated, the final blend will have the bromate diluted. So that might affect the performance of the dough as compared with a flour that is totally bromated or a flour that is not bromated at all. Another option if your recipe does not call for a bromated flour is to just use the King Arthur bread flour, which is unbromated (and unbleached) and has a protein content of 12.7%.

Peter

Offline Chet

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »

OK, Now I get it, thanks for the help. and Novenber the pic shined the light.

Chet

pizzapan