Author Topic: In search of a wooden peel  (Read 797 times)

Offline nbickett

In search of a wooden peel
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
Hello,

I'm looking for a wooden peel 14" in width, without tapered or angled edges, which is also thin or decreases in thickness to the tip -- any suggestions?

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
Re: In search of a wooden peel
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »
Hello,

I'm looking for a wooden peel 14" in width, without tapered or angled edges, which is also thin or decreases in thickness to the tip -- any suggestions?

If I am understanding your needs correctly, you DO NOT what the traditional "beveled" leading edge, but want a thin "wedge" shaped peel that increases in thickness from the leading edge "0" to whatever the final thickness of the peel handle is. Sound like a big wedge with a handle and most likely it will need to be custom made. I'm sure there are woodworkers who could make one for you.

The thinnest wooden (well, composite wood) 14" wide peel that I know of is the Epicurean Peel. I have one and it works pretty good for launching traditional pizzas, but not sticky gluten-free ones. It does have the traditional beveled leading edge, but the bevel is longer than most.

Hope this helps and take care!

Jim
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:11:17 PM by red kiosk »
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »
sounds like you might want an aluminum peel for pizza retrieval and a wooden peel for oven delivery.

Offline soapstonedude

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »
Have you foud a peel yet? If you go to Michigan-made.com, They have pizza kits with what you are looking for. I am the supplier, so we can get you the peel separately if you like. They have a removeable handle for storage.

Offline rodeo

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
Nbickett,  I have just what you want.  The only problem is my father makes the peels for me.  I don't know how soon you would need one but i could ask if he is interested in selling some.
rodeo

Offline acresaway

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 08:21:47 AM »
You have probably found a peel by now but if not, I make these and ship all over the world.  I can make a custom size and shape if needed.  Email for a link to my website.  Or you can type my username into a google search and that should bring it up.

Cheers,

Neil