Author Topic: Papa Murphy's S'more Pizza  (Read 109 times)

Offline spazster

Papa Murphy's S'more Pizza
« on: November 15, 2014, 02:51:48 PM »
I recently had an opportunity to try Papa Murphy's s'more pizza and I thought it was pretty good, but not great.  Even though I wasn't blown away by it, I thought it would be something fun to try to make.  I found a clone recipe here, but I thought it would be better to use my own pizza dough rather than the quick dough suggested on the site.  It turned out to be a good decision because it was way better than the Papa Murphy's version that I tried.  I still wouldn't classify it as great though. 

For the filling, I followed the recipe from the site:
Brown sugar:   1/3 cup
Oats:          cup
Butter:       2 TBSP
Flour:       Cup

I used the following dough formulation:
KABF:        100%
Water:        57%
ADY:      0.623%
Honey:        5%
salt         1.75%
Olive Oil:       7%
Thickness factor     0.135

I used a preferment of 100% hydration that used of 30% of the total flour and used ADY equivalent to 0.15% of the preferment flour.  I let it sit at about 65 degrees F for about 15 hours.  I put in the rest of the ingredients, kneaded it by hand, and then stuck it in the fridge for a 48 hour cold rise.  The dough was about 31 degrees after taking it out of the fridge. I left it out for about four and a half hours at about a 65 degree room temperature before shaping the dough into a 12 inch circle.  I am very, very bad at estimating when the dough is doubled.  I'm not sure if it did.  Maybe it only increase in size by 50% to 75%, but the result was good so I'm not complaining.  Anyway, after shaping the dough, I spread on the filling and then topped it with the marshmallows and chocolate chips and put it in the 425 degrees preheated oven with a pizza screen for about 12 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:30:16 PM by spazster »

Offline Jakew81

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Papa Murphy's S'more Pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »
It looks like you rolled some chocolate chips into the rim like Papa Murphy's does too.  Good lookin s'mores pizza! 
Time you enjoy wasting has not been wasted time!

Offline spazster

Re: Papa Murphy's S'more Pizza
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't able to wrap it as fancy, but it was still delicious.