Author Topic: Mobile Oven Advice for NY style pizza  (Read 438 times)

Offline NickM

• I Love Pizza!
Mobile Oven Advice for NY style pizza
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »
Hello everyone,
    I have been getting great results with my pizzas and am ready to take my pizza making to the next level.  I currently bake at home on 1/2 inch steel with top broiler halfway through the bake.  I am down to a 4 minute bake time at 525 degrees.  I have attached pictures of my latest pie/ garlic knots.  I want to start a mobile catering/farmers market pizza business and I need help, specifically with the equipment setup.  I see a lot of WFO trailer setups available but I know deck ovens are the best for NY style.  I plan to sell by the slice so the pizzas would have to be 18+ inches which would dictate the oven setup.   Any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated.  If anyone has experience in this type of business I would love to pick your brain regarding all of the ins and outs/ pros and cons.  I eventually want to start a brick and mortar but want to start small and grow from there.  Thanks!
-Nick

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Mobile Oven Advice for NY style pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
I have done a few mobile Gigs  ;D  and always Glad to help!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Chaze215

Re: Mobile Oven Advice for NY style pizza
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 05:40:49 PM »
I started out the same way with 1/2" steel in my home oven. I'm just starting my first full season with my mobile wfo. Feel free to ask any questions. JConk007 has helped me a lot.
Chaz

pizzapan