Author Topic: I need a little advice on which Kitchenaid to get  (Read 2634 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: I need a little advice on which Kitchenaid to get
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
I have the smaller KitchenAid and I don't really like it very much. It is very loud. The dough often creeps up the hook and gets all over the motor. If I were going to buy another mixer I would get the Electrolux Assistent mixer. But they are very expensive and my KitchenAid works well enough for most things I do. But that doesn't mean I like it!

It might be your dough recipe? I never have the problem of dough creeping up the hook. Overall, I love my kitchen aid, but it is loud.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »
I can not believe how this thread just goes on and on.....and o....zzzzzzz.  :'(

Sleepy Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline SlimTheMan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
Got a Kitchen Aid Heavy Duty 375 watt mixer today...was a donation from my grandma...was to heavy for her to move around and doesn't fit well in her kitchen...have to pick some yeast up and mix up some dough later tonight...can't beat free... ;D

Offline SlimTheMan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 11:23:20 PM »
Got some yeast and attempted a thin dough recipe...the heavy duty kitchen aid is no hobart...still beats kneading by hand...will try a high hydration dough tomorrow...

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:59 AM »
Got some yeast and attempted a thin dough recipe...the heavy duty kitchen aid is no hobart...still beats kneading by hand...will try a high hydration dough tomorrow...
post pics dude.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline SlimTheMan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:37 AM »
Will post pics when I make next batch...was to exited to try the new toy out to even think about pics...lol...

Offline chasenpse

• Supporting Member
    • Battle Hill Media
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 08:31:43 AM »
I have the smaller KitchenAid and I don't really like it very much. It is very loud. The dough often creeps up the hook and gets all over the motor. If I were going to buy another mixer I would get the Electrolux Assistent mixer. But they are very expensive and my KitchenAid works well enough for most things I do. But that doesn't mean I like it!

Have you tried spraying your hook with some cooking spray? It usually does the trick.
If Tetris has taught me anything, itís that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.

Offline pbspelly

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:02 AM »
Kitchen Aids are great until they break.

One thought is to do what my neighbor does. She buys appliances (such as her Kitchen Aid 600) from Williams & Sonoma because, apparently, if it breaks at any time, they will replace or fix it for free. It's more expensive to buy from them, obviously, but if they'll replace the mixer or fix it every time the KA worm gear or motor breaks (mine has broken twice in ten years), it's not a bad deal. I've never tried this, though, so I can't vouch for it.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
Costco sells the kitchen Aid at a great price and they stand behind what they sell.

pizzapan