Author Topic: Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker - First Use  (Read 7781 times)

Offline Davydd

Re: Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker - First Use
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
Hillbilly,

I looked into those Uuni wood-pellet burning stoves. I think I remember one video that was spitting smoke and ash directly into the the pizza. That would definitely give you a smokey flavor and maybe a bite of ash too.  ;D

I think we are both realizing we are never going to achieve that high heat desired for a Neapolitan style pizza with the Breville. It is giving us good pizza but not the ultimate. I don't think I will tinker like the G3 Ferrari guys with this Breville to try to boost the heat.

The other pizza maker I had my eye on is the Pizzacraft Pizzeria Pronto I saw at a Williams Sonoma store. From what they say it will not attain that Neapolitan high heat. It has a unique two stone bottom to even out the heat instead of using rotation. The price is even less than the Blackstone. I'm not seeing any first hand experience with it yet to evaluate its potential.
Davydd

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2014, 06:27:41 PM »
Davydd,

I have no intention of fiddling with the Breville either and I don't plan on trying Neapolitan style pizzas, nor would I attempt it with the Breville.

I read the ash comments about the Uuni too and contacted one of the guys that bought one to ask if he would buy another one, knowing what he knows now. He said he would but for the same money I think the Blackstone is the hands down winner, based on the comments on this forum. I cook over campfires and get some ash on my food sometimes and that doesn't put me off but I prefer not to have it. If I really want the smoke taste I can cook the pie in the Breville, oven or Blackstone and then when I take it out to cool for a bit before serving, I can put it into my smoker while it cools.  :-D

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
Pics from dinner tonight. A mushroom, Italian sausage, sweet red pepper and smoked jalapeno harvarti. This one was the best yet. The wife and I both agreed that the crust and the toppings were great.  :drool: She usually only eats 3 pieces but she wanted 4 tonight and we were fighting over the last one. I'm a gentleman so I let her have it. Besides after 40 years of marriage I know when to give in. ;)

I preheated at the mark between low and medium for 30 minutes then launched the pie without parchment paper and turned the heat up to max. Cooked it for 6 minutes then lifted the lid and turned the pie then another 2 minutes (guessing) and pulled it. This one had the nice crispy underside and rim that I was looking for. The spring wasn't as good as the last one, with the max temp launch, but this was really good. If I can repeat these consistently I will be a happy (and fatter) camper.  ;D

The Breville is starting to looked used.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:20:47 PM by Hillbilly »

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »
Another good one tonight. I got the bottom crust and the rim nice and crispy but didn't get the spring I'm after. But considering what I'm using I'm happy with the results. My wife took the first piece and I heard her say "mmmmm that's good" after she took a bite. That's all I need to hear. ;D I agree it was good.

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2014, 12:04:18 AM »
That looks REALLY good!!!
Bob

Offline Verynate

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2015, 09:18:56 PM »
Just a bump since I bought the Pizzacraft and love it.  I'll be making my pizzas at home from here on out:)