Author Topic: Pizza Expert New to Forum  (Read 323 times)

Offline Assman22

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza Expert New to Forum
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:28:47 PM »
Hey Fellas,

How's it going?  Pizza is my life and I can't put it any better.  I love it and I'm drawn to it all day everyday.  I don't know why, I just am.  I love everything about it.  I come from a blue-collar family where my father and brother work well with their hands and are also creative artists.  I'm not so handy nor can I barely draw a stick man better than a 5 year old, but pizza making is my art. 

I hail from Chicago and now live in San Francisco.  Two very different towns, especially as far as pizza is concerned.  I've worked in 3 different pizzerias which used 3 different types of ovens, so I have experience in all 3 oven types.  I've worked in an old school traditional Napoletana pizzeria, quick-casual conveyor oven type pizzeria, and a small hole-in-the-wall deck oven piehole. 

I opened my first pizzeria in SF when I first moved here.  The pizza on the west coast is sub-par so mine was a hit from the get-go.  Within 3 weeks, I was doing $7,000 a week just from 5pm-10pm 7 days a week.  After 3 months, we were banging out $11,000 per week.  The locals didn't know what hit them.  Midwest work ethic and customer service along with quality pies put any/all competition in the rear-view asap.  Very proud!

Working on opening my 2nd pizzeria in SF now.  This one will be a Chicago Deep Dish/California Artisan Pizzeria.  We'll have old school and the new.  Really excited to get it going and welcome you all to come by.

Long time lurker and just want to be apart of this great pizza community forum!

Since moving to

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Pizza Expert New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »
Assman22, I get to the city once in a while. Would have a hard time finding your place without a name. Interested in knowing about your pies, do tell.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Assman22

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:56:09 PM »
Hi Mark,

I started a place in late 2011 called Firehouse Pizzeria in the Outer Richmond district of SF.  Tiny takeout/delivery place, all of 300 sq ft.  Double stack Montague deck oven, sheeter, and a cold table, that's it!  4.5 stars on Yelp when I left.  It's 100% my concept and still exists, doing 4 stars on Yelp now and $45k/month.

Long story short, I had the opportunity to become a part-owner of an amazing franchise called Jimmy John's, which is HUGE in the midwest.  It's the first location in NorCal and the only JJ's within 4 hours of SF.  We're kickin ass and looking to expand, but I REALLY miss my pizza place!

I found a spot for my own place(no more partners!) and hoping to open this summer!  Will keep you posted and hope to cya in the near future! 

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
Let us know when you open the new location.  I'm in the Bay Area fairly often.
Dave