Author Topic: Black stone patio oven at Lowe's  (Read 5153 times)

Offline hockeyfox

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Black stone patio oven at Lowe's
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 01:23:26 PM »
Can anyone confirm the new Blackstone Model with the propane tank holder is shipping.  I sent a note to Griddle Guru and they told me they do not have the new model.  Sent an email directly to Blackstone and have not received a reply.  Is Lowe's carrying the new model?

Offline fastdrive

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
I see a deal posted on groupon today for the oven, peel and cover for 359.99 free shipping. The pictures posted are for the older model, so am leery to purchase.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-blackstone-patio-oven-with-pizza-peel

Offline slybarman

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 04:44:45 PM »
Solid deal.

Offline Gags

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
I picked up one for a friend at a nearby Lowe's in SoCal and it has the propane carrier.

A couple of weird things, the front burner knob is reversed from the past ones.  So now, full blast is at 3:00 instead of 6:00.  And the propane shelf screws into the legs, so it's not as easy to transport the oven.  I like my older model in which the shelves just clip on the legs.  And of course, this version has the stickers plastered all over it! 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:14:48 PM by Gags »
"I'd trade it all for just a little bit more"

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 08:28:57 AM »
I picked up one for a friend at a nearby Lowe's in SoCal and it has the propane carrier.

A couple of weird things, the front burner knob is reversed from the past ones.  So now, full blast is at 3:00 instead of 6:00.  And the propane shelf screws into the legs, so it's not as easy to transport the oven.  I like my older model in which the shelves just clip on the legs.  And of course, this version has the stickers plastered all over it!
I'm dealing with that transport issue as well.  As a quick fix, I just took some tin snips to the screw holes on one side and cut a slot.  That way, I can loosen one side (never removing the screw) and slip the plate off.

Dave

Offline c8rvette

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 06:58:52 PM »
Can anyone confirm the new Blackstone Model with the propane tank holder is shipping.  I sent a note to Griddle Guru and they told me they do not have the new model.  Sent an email directly to Blackstone and have not received a reply.  Is Lowe's carrying the new model?

I just called blackstoneproducts.com at 435 252 3030. It took about 3 or 4 tries, i was about to give up until i was able to get someone, i am sure they were busy with other customers, just keep retrying. They are open til 5pm mountain time. I asked the woman if i could buy it directly from them to ensure i get the latest version with the propane holder. She said certainly and that the price is $389, shipping included, and no tax since they are in utah, not based in my state. I noted the griddleguru price of $369 and she said that is because it is the older model. So i ordered the grill and the cover for $49.99, grand total 439.98.

Offline kwtrading

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 10:47:20 AM »
I don't see the Blackstone listed on the Lowes website?  Anyone have the Lowes part #?

Offline Davydd

Davydd

Offline kwtrading

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
Thanks..

Offline kwtrading

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 10:24:21 PM »
My local Lowes actually showed them in stock so I stopped by and they had one on the floor.  Had never seen one in person before and wanted to check it out.
The build quality seemed a little nicer than I expected but it was also a little 'smaller' overall than I expected.  Not that I expected it to be huge but it just isn't very big.
I don't make pies any bigger than 15" anyway so the stone would be just large enough although it probably takes some serious skill to lay a 15 incher in there accurately.  Not much room for error!

Offline Subculture

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »
The important thing for us Canadians is that they're being carried at Lowe's in Canada as well!

Just picked up one last week.

Offline rsaha

• I'm so confused...
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »
The important thing for us Canadians is that they're being carried at Lowe's in Canada as well!

Just picked up one last week.

Indeed. Picked mine up in Ottawa three weeks ago. Absolutely love it. So much better than fighting to make mediocre pizza on my BGE.

Offline HeyNow^

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
I have been following the BS threads for some time.  Yesterday, I went to the Lowe's website, ordered the oven and applied a 10% coupon I got online.  I ordered it at 10:45 a.m. drove the 15 minutes to the store and they had it on a cart waiting for me.  I was back home by 11:30 a.m. assembling the oven.  That was the most efficient purchase I have ever made at Lowes.  This Friday will be my first bake...   :pizza: