Author Topic: Black stone patio oven at Lowe's  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Dusen berry

• I Love Pizza!
Black stone patio oven at Lowe's
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »
For all those who are having trouble with shipment on the Blackstone patio oven go to your nearest Lowe's store you'll be up to pick him up there and not have to worry about the freight damage or freight I think it's great news :chef:

Offline Carnie

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Black stone patio oven at Lowe's
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »
Just looked on the website, It's $397.00, only thing is I already paid Cabela's $299.00 for one, Hopefully they'll get the next one right for me

Offline Yeller

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:03:35 AM »
I saw that too a little more than Griddle's however I don't think UPS knows how to handle these cartons so to me it's worth the money not to have the headaches.  Im going to order mine on Lowes then ship to store that way I can open it up right there and at least check the stones. I can go to Fry's/Kroger and get a Lowes gift card for $400 and get the fuel points too.

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
Interesting story for Lowes customers:  I just visited my local store here in Tampa to see if they had stock on the Blackstone Patio Oven.  Answer: nope, and they don’t plan to stock them in that (Dale Mabry) store.

I told the Customer Service rep that “no stock” was unfortunate because their price is reasonable at $397 (given Griddle Guru at $369.99 right now).  I mentioned that sometimes the stone gets broken in shipping and I would like to refer friends to their store.  The CS guy said they could have it in five days and explained that it comes from a warehouse near Washington DC.  If the stone is broken, they will just ship another box.  Another five days… not that compelling.

Then we got to talking and I mentioned that Blackstone’s oven makes crazy-great pizza.  By that time another Customer Service guy comes over.  They are both pretty engaging asking how hot it gets, etc.  I threw out 800F + and cooks a pie in 1-2 minutes, etc.  I mentioned the steaks/chops high temperature searing capability, and I couldn’t really tell if that hit home.  Then I mentioned we made 30 pies for a neighborhood party of 50 people in about two hours, throwing pies back-to-back-to-back.  One CS guy said “I want one”.  The other guy said: “I need to get an oven for display”.

At that point, the “display” guy checked all Lowes locations in the greater Tampa Bay Area – about a dozen stores.  According to his computer the big store in Port Richey (about 25 miles away) was the only store with Blackstone stock.

I’ll stop by again in a few weeks just to see what happens.
Dave

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:40:36 PM »
I'm reminded of a local beer festival I went to years ago and I tried Abita Purple Haze. I enjoyed it and went to the local gorcery stores asking if they could carry it. Finally, a Harris Teeter brought in a case for me, special order...and another case by accident. They offered me both, but I only wanted one.

Fast forward...Two months pass and I go to special order another case, but I see it on the shelf in the beer section. I asked the buyer and she said they put that one extra case on the shelf and it started a flood of requests. Later that wee I went to a Food Lion Store and thay now had it on the shelf.

Snowball effect.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline Yeller

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »
"The Eagle has Landed".. :o

I picked the new BS from my local Lowes. It was shipped on a pallet all the way. Not a scratch on it everything great shape. Got it fired up to burn off all is good. Now gotta get some dough going.  :chef:

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »
"The Eagle has Landed".. :o

I picked the new BS from my local Lowes. It was shipped on a pallet all the way. Not a scratch on it everything great shape. Got it fired up to burn off all is good. Now gotta get some dough going.  :chef:
IMO, just go down to Whole Foods, spend $3 for a doughball, split it in half and make 2 pies in the same day.  There is plenty to other stuff with a new oven, launch, sauce, ingredients (don't forget the bacon), etc.
Dave

Offline Yeller

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
IMO, just go down to Whole Foods, spend $3 for a doughball, split it in half and make 2 pies in the same day.  There is plenty to other stuff with a new oven, launch, sauce, ingredients (don't forget the bacon), etc.
Dave

WF is an hour drive for me. I did whip up some Italian flatbread dough seasoned with EVOO and basil with sesame seeds and cooked a couple of skins for practice..and I never forget bacon

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »
WF is an hour drive for me. I did whip up some Italian flatbread dough seasoned with EVOO and basil with sesame seeds and cooked a couple of skins for practice..and I never forget bacon
I agree, an hour is too far.  Local supermarkets w/ bakeries seem to carry fresh dough as well.  Our local grocery (Publix) has it and it cooks just fine, I like WF because they have a slightly larger dough (makes 2 x 13"-14" pies) plus they have a tasty whole grain dough.
Dave

Offline Carnie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 11:22:55 PM »
Dave
Oven #4 supposed to be here Monday,Cabala's was supposed to repack for me and Blackstone said they'd take care of me direct if there's any breakage, good idea about going to Whole foods, only about 2 miles from here, I'll try that , I think I've seen that Lowe's on Dale Mabry but theres only one place I've been to on that street.......ah never mind, didn't make it here this year when I was up that way anyway.

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
I've got fingers crossed that you'll finally have a working oven.  If not, we'll start a recycling yard.
Dave

Offline jsperk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »
Oven #4 supposed to be here Monday,Cabala's was supposed to repack for me and Blackstone said they'd take care of me direct if there's any breakage, good idea about going to Whole foods, only about 2 miles from here, I'll try that , I think I've seen that Lowe's on Dale Mabry but theres only one place I've been to on that street.......ah never mind, didn't make it here this year when I was up that way anyway.

Good luck with your new oven.

I have a spare one that was D.O.A. The platter does not spin at all and it's really hard to get the platter in and out of the holes, that's how tight it is. Once the weather breaks I'm hoping I can fix it to have a spare body. Not sure it's fixable though.

Offline Tonio

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 12:29:09 AM »
Glad I saw this thread, and avoiding UPS delivery through griddle guru or Amazon. My local Lowe's has them in stock, but.....

whats up with the 1lb propane???  Common bbq grill tanks are 20lbs no? Do they have a lesser regulator too? doesn't the 1lb tank have a smaller connector than the 20 lb-ers?

Perhaps just a error on the description? I haven't heard of the Bs having a tank.

Series Name   N/A
Total BTUs   60000.0
Assembled Width (Inches)   47.0
Assembled Depth (Inches)   19.0
Assembled Height (Inches)   54.0
Liquid Propane Fuel Type   1 lb. cylinder
Ignition Type   Electronic
Number of Burners/Jets   1.0
Burner/Jet Material   Steel
Manufacturer Color/Finish   Black
Grill Color/Finish   Black
Base Warranty   2-year limited
Burner/Jet Warranty   1-year limited
Lowe's Exclusive   No
Type   Outdoor stove
Team Name   N/A
Team/League   N/A
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:58:23 AM by Tonio »

Offline Dusen berry

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
The B/S oven takes a 20lb tank. I would make sure you are looking at the right oven. :chef:

Offline Tonio

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 11:36:23 PM »
Thanks Dusen,
I figured it was a description error on Lowe's part, I pasted their description of the BS previously. Anyway I picked one up , and already set it up. Its a tad dark now, so I'll wait till I can check all the gas lines for leaks during daylight  ;D

Seems like BS beefed up the packaging- especially the stones were sandwiched in styrofoam and taped up nice. I can see why the rotating panel gets tweeked by UPS delivery. All the weight is in the stones, and with a nice drop from the truck  at an angle :'(.  Mine is straight so no worries .

Got a couple of NY doughs in the frig fermenting, so should be able to do a low temp test drive thursday ...woohoo ;D Need some more Caputo 00 for a real ride;)

Tony
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:39:33 PM by Tonio »

Offline Dusen berry

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »
Sounds great Tony I would like to see some pictures of your first pizzas please :chef:v

Offline Tonio

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 11:19:28 PM »
Dusen, Sorry I just saw your reply yesterday so I didn't take any pictures. From excitement and just trying to learn the BS, I forgot to take some pics. :-[
I'm not that good at taking pictures anyway- all I have is old camcorder with 2MP all in one dealio.

I'll try to remember on my next batch, which I finally found some Caputo red bag locally.

T

Offline Yeller

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »
I actually have a 5# tank set up on mine. I get about 3 single pies on it before I'm gassed out. However the funny thing is it will burn full flame until it burns out..I took my 20# one day that was 1/4 full and it could not produce a flame high enough to cook on. Strange but true.

Offline anverc

• Supporting Member
  • gameplay engineer / pizza maker
    • sourdough utility app
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
I can go to Fry's/Kroger and get a Lowes gift card for $400 and get the fuel points too.

Wow! you guys can get fuel points on gift card purchases?
i'm making a pizza utility app.  check it out and give suggestions! http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=30444.0

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 10:40:36 AM »
Yup - safeway here gives 3x gas rewards for gift cards and has them for almost any store you can imagine.