Uh, clearly the latter...and a major fail at my first attempt at 100% whole wheat pizza. (Obviously too much bench flour too, but that's like saying the deck chairs weren't arranged neatly on the Titanic.)
Barry VaBeach: My apologies for messing up your fine recipe. I did have to hydrate the poolish more than yours, but still the final hydration was on the mark. I did a three day CF after RT fermentation, but it opened just fine and handled nicely on the peel. But I could tell a couple of minutes into the BS bake at 610, it was heading south. Tried to save it by a bit of shuffling , but clearly, only part of the pie joined me. Funny thing was that I took a taste of what was left, and though it obviously needed more time, it wasn't half-bad. Thought it looked pretty much all bad. My Bad.
I'm thinking that either the CF was my downfall (does WW even develop the nice fermented flavor with fridge time..I didn't seem to notice any) , since the dough was pretty wet, hence the extra bench flour..though I didn't have peel sticking with my usual rice flour technique..or maybe more likely, I stretched the pie too thin, trying to get it to where my usual pies are. The DB was about 240-250gms, and the pie was a good 12 inches (well a good 12 inches around the outside, not so good on the inside.