Author Topic: Deb's pizza thread  (Read 1942 times)

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
Re: Deb's pizza thread
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »
Those are the best breadsticks EVER!!

Offline adampawliczek

• I Love Pizza!
    • Online pizza dough calculator
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 01:29:44 AM »
Caputo, 60 HR, Salt 2.5%, IDY adjusted for 44 hours at 65 degrees.  260 gram  (up salt to 2.75 next time)

pizza 1 - margherita (buffalo mozz) with calabrian chili oil and alleppo pepper
pizza 2 - Vt. cure pepperoni, dry wm mozz
pizza 3 - roasted butternut squash mixed with mascarpone cheese, cream and sage, pancetta, buffalo mozz & grated parm.  Not in picture I ended up drizzling some honey on post bake.  Next time I will add some liquor soaked dried cranberries.
pizza 4 - new one based after what i have read about Artichoke Basille's pizza - I sauteed some shallots and garlic, added some cream and a few more cloves of crushed garlic and reduced down.  Added some rough chopped spinach .black pepper & grated parm when I took off the heat.  (frozen) Baby Artichoke hearts , more parm & black pepper)  before baking
pizza 5 - burrata, lemon zest & olive oil.   Prosciutto & Salad mix (dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, s&p ) post bake
pizza 6 - margherita with calabrian chili oil - launched over 900, 60 second bake

Deb, your napoli pizzas are awesome. I hope to get close to your results when i build my wood oven :) And the toppings are great too.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 07:17:15 PM »
Jury is still out on this one,  I decided to do The Pizza Bible New Yorker with starter but between a few changes to the recipe, new flour , etc I'm not sure how I feel about this recipe.  Biggest change to recipe is that I couldn't find malt and I had already started the starter.  After a little googling I decided raw honey was my best substitute, based on what I read I decided just to go ahead with 1:1 substitution.   I don't have access to the Power Flower and did not want to go with the high protein of All Trumps I bought some Full Strength (I have been using Spring King and like it but the place that sells it is not open on Saturday).   I  used cake yeast which I have just started using so not much experience with it.  Pizza was a bit tougher than I want, not sure if I overworked or was simply the new flour.  Dough wasn't too bad to work with but was a little sticky when warm, I don't remember having a dough that has been sticky like this.

I used the Master Dough with Tiga.  The TF was pretty thick on the recipe so I scaled it it to .075 TF  (third pizza ended up thicker, I did not stretch all the way to 12") ,  about 18 hour room temp  ferment on tiga, 48 hour fridge rise for final dough

I was going to make the New York- New Jersey Sauce but didn't want to open 2 cans of tomatoes and paste so I used a can of whole italian tomatoes, buzzed 2/3 with stick blender and hand crushed the rest.  I added a proportionate amount of tomato paste.

I did three pizzas - I used sliced cheese as per the New Yorker recipe, then sauced, then toppings. 

Cooked on the steel - pizza one steel was ~610, pizza two ~ 600, no reading on last, broiler on after launch

Pizza 1 - pepperoni, chicken sausage, oregano & parm grated on after bake
Pizza 2 - pepperoni, chicken sausage, oregano, crushed red pepper, parm grated and ricotta drops after bake
Pizza 3 - plain cheese

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:22:50 PM by deb415611 »

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
They all look teriffic Deb. I really like the way you did the ricotta......

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 06:25:55 PM »
I was supposed to go to a friend's for dinner tonight.  She requested that I do cheese sticks with detroit dough (she had some of the ones a few posts above).   Dinner was postponed so I had dough that needed to be baked.  I used what I found in the fridge - fresh mozz ball, cheddar on the edges, thin sliced some brussel sprouts, fresh cranberries, diced pancetta. 

I didn't bake long enough and was soft on the bottom but was still pretty tasty.  Loving the fresh cranberries, far superior to the rehydrated dried ones I have used on some pizzas.

I just mixed up another one for a 24 hour rise in case dinner happens tomorrow  :P 

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 07:58:05 PM »
Love that topping combo, very pretty
Josh