Hi all, as per title I'm looking for something I can use to capture the temperature of my dough and log data so that I can build up a good picture of the environment and measure any changes I make to it.
- fairly accurately temperature readings (say within a degree or so)
- data points at least hourly
- physically small enough to fit detector in my little proofing box (i.e. not big bulky unit)
- able to get data onto computer somehow without major fuss (expecting temperature as some form of timeseries data)
- budget ~< $100USD
- humidity readings would be interesting, but not my focus right now so entirely optional
Nice to have:
- log more rapidly - a data point per minute perhaps
- be wireless, and log via wifi in near realtime
Nicest to have:
- log data live to a web service so I can check my temp from my phone.
I've done the obligatory googling and can see a few options out there, but many seem to be products in development rather than real products. I would love to hear from anyone with experience with successful temperature data logging in the kitchen/home.
In the end I may just end up taking a punt on something if there is no go-to product that stands out.