Author Topic: Fox's Pizza Den  (Read 1140 times)

Offline colin_milam

• I Love Pizza!
Fox's Pizza Den
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:23:01 PM »
I was curious if anyone in here owned or operated a Fox's Pizza Den?  I am inexperienced in the restaurant industry and would prefer the support of a franchise. Living in rural West Virginia there are not a lot of franchises that are willing to open in my area. Fox's is showing interest in my area and I was curious if anyone had any information on what it was like to work with Fox's. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Fox's Pizza Den
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »
I was curious if anyone in here owned or operated a Fox's Pizza Den?  I am inexperiencedthe support of a franchise. Living in rural West Virginia there are not a lot of franchises that are willing to open in my area. Fox's is showing interest in my area and I was curious if anyone had any information on what it was like to work with Fox's. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Depending on where in southern wv your talking about when I used to live there was several in Wyoming county and Mercer I think maybee you can talk to the owners and they might share some info...good luck

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 12:27:58 AM »
Trust me Colin...you do not want a pizzeria named "Fox's Pizza Den".
That's got to be on a top 10 list somewhere for lamest pizza establishment names.  :(

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline derricktung

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
Interesting... 3.5 to 5 star reviews across their chains in the US.  Innovative name if you think about the fact that the owner's name is "Jim Fox". 

The question you should ask yourself is whether this is the type of pizza you want to sell, and whether this is the type of setting you want to sell in... Do you prefer a sit down restaurant, or more take out/delivery based model?  Etc.

And even more importantly... how much support does Fox's give you, the small business owner, what are the franchise sign up fees, royalty costs, what kind of training, do they help you source ingredients, etc.

Lots to learn...

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »
  Innovative name if you think about the fact that the owner's name is "Jim Fox". 

Well, I figured it was probably something like that and that's why I don't like it. But Derrick, you did give colin some good pointers there.  :chef:

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline derricktung

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »
Well, I figured it was probably something like that and that's why I don't like it. But Derrick, you did give colin some good pointers there.  :chef:

Bob

I just went through the exercise myself earlier this year to better understand what it meant to come under a franchise.  It's definitely important to know, and you want to know that you'll have a good relationship with the franchise, and that you're not just another "number" to them...

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 12:46:54 PM »
have you had the pizza? it's not good unless it's a busy day (thursday through saturday) their dough just can't stand to proof long.  and this is a corporate dough not a mom and pop style that you can change
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline Yeller

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
Most of the FPD Zees in the Midwest have struggled or closed. Not so sure the Zor is doing all that well.  You'd be better on your own save the royalties and take a annual cruise.