Author Topic: Forno Magnifico Electric Pizza Oven from Costco.ca - Any feedback?  (Read 1837 times)

Offline SunTheKing

• I Love Pizza!
Hi there, I just saw the add of Forno Magnifico Electric Pizza Oven at costco.ca ($99.99) plus taxes.
Has anyone used it? If so how good is it for fresh home made pizzas?

The only other pizza maker i found was the Betty Crocker 10-in Pizza Maker at Canadian Tire for $40.
Any feedback in this one also?
thanks

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
Bert,

Offline Davydd

Re: Forno Magnifico Electric Pizza Oven from Costco.ca - Any feedback?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »
There are a lot of electric table top pizza ovens of the clam shell design. They all seem to be about 1200 watts though there are long standing threads here about guys modifying G3 Ferraris to get more heat by going to 1500 watts.

The Forno Magnifico says it reaches 750 F. That's pretty hot and I would like that. I have the Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker that I got as a Christmas present from Williams Sonoma. It has been performing well for me. Bakes up to 12" pizzas in about 8 minutes and claims to get up to 660 F.

Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker

The other electric table top pizza maker that looks interesting to me is the Pizza Perfector at this website but I don't know much about it or anyone that has used it.

http://www.pizzaperfector.com/
Davydd

Offline misterschu

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »
Looks like the pizza perfector is the same as the breville in a different outfit...

Offline Davydd

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »
They might look the same on the surface with the view window and big knobs, but they are actually quite a bit different. The Perfecto has a rotating stone and entirely different heating coil arrangements. Also the control knobs seem to be different as well. I see the Perfecto can individually control top and bottom coils. The Breville has settings to adjust for crust type and thickness but doesn't say whether that determines how the coils heat. The Breville seems well made with an insulated dome. The Perfecto looks substantial as well but I have never physically seen it.
Davydd

Offline misterschu

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
Ah, Davydd, you are right they are much different.  Just looked at the amazon listing for the perfector, and it has photos of the coils and cooking tray. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJTDL2G/?tag=pizzamaking-20 It looks like it doesn't actually have a stone at all.

Offline Davydd

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:16 PM »
The Perfecto looks like it has a metal tray. I wonder if you can or do put a stone on top of it.
Davydd

Offline alpinegroove

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 11:19:41 AM »
Any reports on the Forno Magnifico?