Author Topic: Battaglia mozzarella  (Read 1393 times)

Offline pizza is love

• I Love Pizza!
Battaglia mozzarella
« on: February 13, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »
I did a search and didn't find much on it. Anybody use it? Any thoughts?
I normally get my loaves of cheese from a deli in town. Today we were at a small restaurant supply place near us when as I'm looking for a wedge of parm. the wife hands me this

Offline cc2323

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Battaglia mozzarella
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »
That's a screamin' deal. Try it out and let us know if it's any good. If it ain't that great you can just make your kids eat cheese pizza for the next 2 weeks. Win-Win for all involved.

Offline pizza is love

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
Ok made a pie tonight and it is without a doubt the same stuff I get from the deli. Around the same price but now I don't have to drive 30 minutes into town to get it ;D

Offline Zing

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:43 PM »
The only Battaglia I can find is a foodservice distributor in Chicago. Good chance the stuff is made by Dairy Farmers of America. I think I see the letters "LT" between the two labels on the cheese in the photo. Could you look to see if this is a plant number? My guess is the numbers will begin with 42 or 55.

Offline caymus

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »
The only Battaglia I can find is a foodservice distributor in Chicago. Good chance the stuff is made by Dairy Farmers of America. I think I see the letters "LT" between the two labels on the cheese in the photo. Could you look to see if this is a plant number? My guess is the numbers will begin with 42 or 55.

Zing,

Do you know if all Dairy Farmers of America's plants are the same.  I have been buying Jacobo which is also distributed (made?) by DFA.

Thanks

Offline pizza is love

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »
Sorry meant to look yesterday, here ya go
42569 0152 TAL. I'm pretty sure that's it, I had to read it in the mirror since I couldn't get the stickers off lol

Offline battagliadegliobizzi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 01:26:15 AM »
I am Christine Battaglia, it is not the same from the Deli. But, that is cute!

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 11:33:22 PM »
Battaglia is a food service distributer outside of Chicago and do not make their own mozz cheese.  That's also not their label,  so no idea where it came from.  One of the most important things is to make sure the mozz is not too old, the best time to use it is between 20-25 days after it was manufaturred.  You can of course use it older than that, you will notice it being softer and flavor diminishes, also oils off faster....Look at the dates stamped on the block

wordpress