Author Topic: Ready to go pizza oven questions  (Read 1138 times)

Offline pacri61

• I Love Pizza!
Ready to go pizza oven questions
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:01:19 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and looking for input on acquiring an outdoor pizza oven. I have been considering the Forno Bravo Primavera 70 or something similar. Some of my criteria would be.

1. On the high side I would make up to 15, 12 inch pizza's for small gatherings. Most of the time it would be 5-6 for the family.
2. I would like to stay with a semi portable oven so if I move I could take it with me. If possible.
3. The majority of the time my pizza would be of the Neapolitan type but would like to have the flexibility of trying of types like Sicilian.
4. I live in Connecticut so the conditions vary, from cold winters to very humid summers. As they say in New England if you do like the weather wait 20 minutes.
5. Budget is some what flexible, I would like my limit to be under 5k as a guideline.

Overall, I have been learning a lot from this site but would love to hear from anyone with recommendations and if I am missing some important criteria.

Thanks, Pat

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Ready to go pizza oven questions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »
Personally, 30" would be the minimum I would consider.  Other than that your plan sounds fine.

Offline pacri61

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 05:50:51 PM »
Thanks for the response, the primavera 70 has a 28 inch floor. Do you have a recommendation of a larger oven that would fit my requirements.

Offline jasonreynolds94

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 06:11:31 AM »
I'm in the same boat.  New to the forum.  Looking for a high quality prebuilt oven in case we move.  Same budget, max $5k.  I'm in NE Ohio so it would have to hold up to the cold weather as well. 

I've been looking at the CBO 750 Traditional, Forno Bravo Toscana and Napolino, and the Forno Classico ovens. 

I'm hoping the forum will us narrow done the selection.  Thank you in advance!

Offline Gosseni

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 09:17:30 AM »
I am fond of the new Alfa Forno 4.

Online Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:58:41 AM »
Nice looking oven! How does it perform?
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline csafranek

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 09:59:17 AM »
Have you looked at the FGM ovens sold by Antoine here on the forum?  Bread stone ovens is his forum name.  I have one and LOVE it!!  I am from Kansas City Missouri and my oven has stood up the test of a terrible winter without any problems (I cooked in very extreme temps outside with NO problems).  He has some you can build or purchase fully ready to cook. 

Chad

Offline Gosseni

Ready to go pizza oven questions
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
Thanks Steve. I can get interior temperature to 875 and floor temperature to 780 in about 90 minutes. After that I use about 3 pounds of fuel (Hickory wood) an hour to maintain ( or small increases ) in temperature. I am impressed. I have cooked with big Mugniani ovens before. Most certainly I can run this oven hotter. At 900 degrees the exterior temperature never gets over 130. So I will not burn down the deck.  Pro's and Con's to both models. I like the speed and portability of this new oven. I like the insulation, efficiency and size of the bigger Mugniani. At any rate it is a work in progress but I am pleased with the product and it will continue to improve. Most certainly when I am able to cook without it snowing outside.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:23:09 PM by Gosseni »

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 10:22:09 PM »
Thank you Chad for the positive feedback.

Pacri61 and Jasonreynolds94, I would be happy to answer any question you may have.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline jasonreynolds94

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »
Sorry for the late response.  Thank you all for your input.  I looked at the bread stone ovens and I really like the look of them.  I'll be calling soon Antoine!

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:20 PM »
Sorry for the late response.  Thank you all for your input.  I looked at the bread stone ovens and I really like the look of them.  I'll be calling soon Antoine!
Hi Jason,

Just sent you a PM with my cell, call me at your convenience.

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.